cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-bug HUD shows system use at over 100%

Patrick_Alessan
Honored Guest
I ran the de-bug tool and set up the HUD to check performance. The machine is an HP Omen. Specs are:
Windows 10
Intel i5-7400
8gb RAM
GTX 1060
So this machine fits nicely into what Oculus recommends. When in the Oculus Home screen, the HUD shows only about 20% headroom. A program like "Eagle Flight" used all the available headroom, while "WarThunder" sent that figure into negative territory, sometimes so low it didn't register. Also, the dropped frame number was massive (that little "F" appearing continually in the applications). The image looked OK to me, maybe a little ghosting in "War Thunder".
So the question is: is this normal and the machine is running efficiently, or is there a bottle-neck hurting performance and maybe the image would be better?
Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
That sounds about right for a machine like that. Most games will be pretty close to the line, considering how intensive it is to render at that resolution, in stereo, and at 90Hz. So seeing around 5 - 10% headroom in a graphical intensive game is expected. If you're getting a lot of dropped frames in multiple games, though, that could be an issue.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

shiari
Heroic Explorer
Yeah sounds about right. If you want better performance it wouldn't be a cheap upgrade, you'd have to get a better CPU (and I guess motherboard), more RAM, better GPU ... it'll add up quickly.