New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift CV1 Right earphone, Left earphone and rear IR sensor fail and why

MrFlowerXMrFlowerX Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi all.
I found a design mistake for Oculus Rift CV1 that cause fail in Left and Right earphone and rear IR sensor, or any combination between these.

The wires for earphones and rear IR sensor came from the right side, there are 6 wires in a small tape/ribbon in it, (2 wires for left earphone, 2 wires for right earphone and 2 more for rear IR sensors). This tape/ribbon is flexible to permit adjust the length for the right side to our head, but when you adjust the Rift to a big head the tape/ribbon is crushed and if you do this different times you can break the wires in the tape/ribbon.
You can watch it here: 

Can I solve this? if you have the problem, you are not lucky man, you must call to oculus. But if your Rift CV1 is working well you can prevent the problem, How?

NEVER move the right velcro to big head position, use only medium or small head position on the right velcro.

BR

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry for the inconvenience. Please submit a support ticket. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • fnordyfnordy Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    good find!
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 793
    3Jane
    edited September 2017
    This is an "old" and known issue, but this is the first video that actually shows what's happening! Phenomenal, thanks for this!! (And you can even see the small crack...and it sorta also explains why MOST OFTEN it only breaks the audio...when the crack, like in your video, is only in the top part but doesn't go all the way down).
  • MrFlowerXMrFlowerX Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I had found other issue (design mistake) about it, i will make a video too.

Thanks guys.