Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Fallout 4 VR Experience

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Some more deets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHBadUZpAX4

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently it's a pile of old pants:

First of all I would like to tell you about the Demo Place they had. They had Multiple Vives set up. There was a Screen behind that setup which did not show the Gameplay. Only a Pre-Recorded Loop. Wich was a bit suspicious at first.

After around 5 Hours of waiting I got to play the Demo. I got to play a bit longer than everyone else because the Boothgirls where busy otherwise cough

I was just thrown into the Game. No Instructions. Graphics were bad. Everything looked blurry. As if the whole Game was running on 0.7 Supersampling.

The Next thing wich confused me is that there was no hand on the Right arm where the Pipboy is. You cant grab with this Arm. Had to hold the Minigun with one hand wich was just sad.

Problem Number two. The Teleporting. It had no limit. You could zap around the World like a Madman. You also could skip parts of Quests with it. I even Managed to teleport on an Enemys Head, Wich made the game go haywire. It made me spinn.

Problem 3: The Meele was useless with teleporting. I never hit someone. NPC kept running away. It was very sad because meele is the best thing about Fallout 4.

Problem 4: Performance. Oh my god the perfomance was horrible. Stutter and Lags. It never felt smooth.

Problem 5: The Interaction with the Gameworld was done very Poorly. If you Opened a Drawer to loot it you just got the same old Inventory Screen for looting.

I really have nothing good to say about it. Sorry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/71tec1/my_fallout_4_vr_experience_at_gamescom/

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Thanks for the first-hand report, snowdog. I've been very skeptical of this, and any other game, that wasn't built for VR from the ground up only to have VR duct-taped afterwards. I remember hearing Vivers saying, "This. Is. Da. Game. To. Beat."

At this stage, it looks like this is the game to Refund.

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
The game would be too big to bother with VR. Try the Solus project for example. 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I think a number of people are being turned off by the basic demo which by the sounds of it is quite an old build.  Snowdog's post is from a reddit user who tried the demo at an event. I am going to have a little faith that Bethesda will iron out the kinks for the final release. Once some people have played the final version then we'll see if there's any need to bother with this title or not.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

by the sounds of it is quite an old build.

This is sorta becoming the defacto go-to excuse for lots of VR studios lately. Recently that one Pimax user said the same thing on this forum when people were relaying negative reviews about the Pimax HMD. Nowadays anyone can avoid responsibility for bad stuff n thangs by simply saying, "oh that's the old version." This excuse comes in second to, "fake news" lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think a number of people are being turned off by the basic demo which by the sounds of it is quite an old build.  Snowdog's post is from a reddit user who tried the demo at an event. I am going to have a little faith that Bethesda will iron out the kinks for the final release. Once some people have played the final version then we'll see if there's any need to bother with this title or not.

Did you read this before you posted this? This is BETHESDA we're talking about here lol 😮 😄 😄 😄

We'll probably need 4 or 5 post-launch patches before it's even PLAYABLE going by their track record. If it was Obsidian doing this I'd have A LOT more hope, but Bethesda? Nah.

kzintzi
Trustee
yeah, Bethesda are a bit hit an miss with their reliability.. plus if it doesn't do well, they'll drop support so fast it'll punch a hole in the world (and all the air will leak out)
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

CrashFu
Consultant
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this stand-alone mod was created almost entirely to generate hype for the Vive, and to trick people out of pre-order money.

Every time they've let the public demo this travesty, the response has been overwhelming disappointment, and the reactions to what little gameplay footage they've released have not been better.  Saying things like "That was the old build"  is just a sad attempt to preserve some of that hype and retain some of those pre-orders.

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

CrashFu said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this stand-alone mod was created almost entirely to generate hype for the Vive, and to trick people out of pre-order money.

Every time they've let the public demo this travesty, the response has been overwhelming disappointment, and the reactions to what little gameplay footage they've released have not been better.  Saying things like "That was the old build"  is just a sad attempt to preserve some of that hype and retain some of those pre-orders.

There's a pool of consumers that love to fall for it. I recently saw an article stating that Pimax already hit its Kickstarter goal - lol

When these overly hyped products fail, the end result is a group of consumers who don't take responsibility for their bad decision making. Instead, they run to Reddit and forums like this one... where they lash out at entities like Facebook and Oculus.  If Fallout VR trully flops, and the rest of us Rifters don't care 'cause we're living it up in the new Marvel VR game... that's when we'll see all those angry posts resurface with, "the Rift is ruining VR with its closed-platform walled-garden monopoly anti-community durpa durp!"

Fallour VR needs to succeed for the sake of humanity's sanity.