New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Display in both eyes is dark

WitWit Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited September 2017 in Support
I've had the Rift since the beginning of June. Yesterday everything was fine, but today when I put it on the image in both eyes was too dark. I'm still able to see and play most games, but it's very hard to see what's happening in already-dark parts of games. The only other thing I've noticed with the headset recently is that it will come on and start the Oculus software even if I'm not wearing it or near it, as if something is setting of the sensor. I mostly play Echo Arena, which causes the cable to get twisted regularly, so I'm hoping it's a cable issue. My logs are attached.

Edit: I have tried unplugging the Rift cable at both ends, thoroughly straightening it, and making sure it was secure on reattaching.

i7-6700K @ 4GHz
GTX 980ti
16GB RAM
Tagged:

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry about that. Can you please submit a support ticket? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV