Sound too loud at 10% — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sound too loud at 10%

RiuujinRiuujin Posts: 1
NerveGear
So i turned the sound to 10% on my rift, in most cases this is oké but sometimes even this is too loud. Is there a way to lower it even further without muting?

Best Answer

Answers

• SitruzSitruz Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    Riuujin said:
    So i turned the sound to 10% on my rift, in most cases this is oké but sometimes even this is too loud. Is there a way to lower it even further without muting?
    If you have a keyboard with quick mute, volume up and volume down buttons, use those to tweak it. This will affect the Windows volume setting as beyondinfinity says.
  • antuanosantuanos Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I finally found a solution. Install the program Equalizer APO first and then Peace Equalizer. Then you can use Peace Equalizer to slide down the decibels further as much as you want. So comfortable to have any volume you want...
  • flashpirateflashpirate Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Agree. I keep my rift at max 20% and lose my hearing above that. Literally never went over 30%. The balance is nuts. Using an Oculus ready pc, nothing fancy.
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 485
    Trinity
    its a bit of a shame I cant increase the volume in my rift as hearing impaired and wish I could turn the sound up a little bit .
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,091 Valuable Player
    Wow and here I am wishing it was a little louder, always run it at 100% and wish I could get a little more.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,413 Valuable Player
    My hearing is screwed and I have mine at 30% volume which is perfect for me. The years of working in a biker's pub and being in a couple of bands has taken its toll on my poor lug holes :(
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,715
    3Jane
    I run E:D on BOOST and it rocks!!! Levels of the Rift used to be louder than they are now.