New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

ARKTIKA.1 User Reviews

2»

Comments

• J0hnnieW4lkerJ0hnnieW4lker Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    4 STARS
    I am giving 4 stars, it is good but it is far from awesome. It had such a potential, the first game trailer that was released that showed the big robot coming through the wall was amazing, but the game is far from that. As the game is from the same creator of Metro made me think that would have a variety of monsters and robots to fight, but the entire game you shoot at the same human enemies. There are very feel places were the monsters appear or other robots and most of them are not fun at all only the elevator in the first missions is cool and show us the potential this game had and missed. The weapons and attachments are overpowered, so to enjoy the game I had to keep using the most simple ones and play on hard difficulty.
    Most of the puzzles are not fun and the balance is not quite right as in some locations there are too many long puzzles where you need to do the same thing over and over and very little combat, that power plug sucks as you need to release the buttons to stick it to the socket and most people get stuck because of poor controls.
    The graphics are nice but this game is very blurry in far distances compared to other VR games, which is annoying.
    I haven't finished the game yet because the last mission final showdown doesn't unlock for me and I don't know what is missing as I completed all mission and just followed the sequence of the game, so 4 or 3 stars for this games should be fair.

• jiggetsjiggets Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I must be missing something - but I can't find previously purchased guns in the armory. Where are they? I've purchased 4 or 5 guns, but can only find my active ones in holster. What am i missing??
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,249 Poster of the Week
    I don't know why people feel the need to make public announcements that they won't be buying a game?  It's like reverse narration or something? Imagine being that self-important, that you think your inactivities are need-to-know information.

I don't know why there's this sect of people who not only dislike teleport-based movement, but also feel the need to actively protest every game that features it.  I mean, I dislike most competitive games but you don't see me griping at game publishers every time a new team shooter comes out.

What I do know is that I enjoy taunting these people.

The next nerd to cry about "the resolution" of top-of-the-line VR devices will be permanently banned from using ALL standard-definition media.  And yes, that includes all pre-Switch Nintendo games. Especially Melee.
  • Adinsx12Adinsx12 Posts: 75
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited October 18
    3 STARS
    i think its interesting to see the reasons why some people dont buy games. And if your a dev its probably good to know what the people in the community consider to be dealbreakers that stop people from buying a game that they perhaps would've bought if not for "x" reason. personally, i was initially looking forward to the release of this game, but i felt like i really didnt like the fact that it didnt have free locomotion in it either, especially when i have already enjoyed other games that do. For me what it really boiled down to, was that if this game had released earlier when we didnt have as many of the games we have now in the market, i probably would've bought this despite the lack of free movement. Artika was a little too late to the  VR party for me for what it is. i might buy it when it goes on sale at a later date if im really curious about it, but for now i just dont feel as hyped for this one as i did 7 months ago or so.
  • Adinsx12Adinsx12 Posts: 75
    Hiro Protagonist
    3 STARS
    suppose i should clarify that i only rated it because i was somewhat interested in seeing the poll results from this forum lol
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I pity Gamers who refuse to play VR games that use anything other than free-thumbstick-locomotion for movement.  Or have third-person perspectives.  Or don't involve motion controls. Or don't use super-realistic high-detail art styles, or whatever.

They're missing out on some of the best VR games around.

Also they're kinda embarrassing themselves because the rest of us (and the game devs / publishers they're complaining to) just hear this:

The next nerd to cry about "the resolution" of top-of-the-line VR devices will be permanently banned from using ALL standard-definition media.  And yes, that includes all pre-Switch Nintendo games. Especially Melee.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 8,046 Power Poster
    5 STARS

I really enjoyed the Spray Can feature. Made my weapons and HMD look rather Scifi:

Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Other games make you buy weapon skins or unlock them from virtual gambling  crates;  Arktika lets you paint them yourself?
    edited October 18
    5 STARS
    CrashFu said:
    Other games make you buy weapon skins or unlock them from virtual gambling  crates;  Arktika lets you paint them yourself?

Yep, you get a Paint Can after the 3rd mission (iirc). There's about 5 or 6 color options for your gear.

• Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,069 Poster of the Week
    edited October 18
    1 STARS
    1 star. Fix the giant hands and the goofy  scaled car in the intro for sh##s sake.  Refunded in disappointment.
  • AetheryfreAetheryfre Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    5 STARS
    Zenbane said:
    CrashFu said:

Yep, you get a Paint Can after the 3rd mission (iirc). There's about 5 or 6 color options for your gear.
    How did you change the color of the paint?
    5 STARS

With the thumbstick controller: while holding the Paint Can simply move the Thumbstick in a circle to highlight the color you want.
    :)

• freelivornofreelivorno Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    3 STARS
    i have a problem: i have launched 3 times the game but always it crash in beginner tutorial vr section. I have a good pc (i7 7700, gtx 1080, ssd, 16 giga ram). Someone can help?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,033 Oculus Staff
    5 STARS
    I figured out what's going on in this game. Basically, if you compare it to a traditional first person shooter (like Metro 2033) you may be somewhat disappointed. But after playing it for a bit, it's not actually trying to be that kind of game. It really is more like an on-rails shooter, similar to Time Crisis (or Virtua Cop, if you remember). In that light, the game is actually pretty fun. Just have to set your expectations.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • WildtWildt Posts: 997 Poster of the Week
    edited October 25
     In that light, the game is actually pretty fun. Just have to set your expectations.
    Sooo.. "actually pretty fun" equals 5 stars? I know you have a role to play here, but c'mon mate.
    5 STARS
    Wildt said:
     In that light, the game is actually pretty fun. Just have to set your expectations.
    Sooo.. "actually pretty fun" equals 5 stars? I know you have a role to play here, but c'mon mate.

The game deserves an extra point for the one angry reviewer who gave it a 1 after a mere 20 seconds of playtime. Only people who make it at least an hour in should be allowed to review.

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,033 Oculus Staff
    5 STARS
    @Wildt Well the game actually *is* pretty fun. 
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • andysonofbobandysonofbob Posts: 160
    Art3mis
    4 STARS
    I personally love non-locomotion games when the game has been designed for it.  Robo Recall is a blast: wide open areas, reasonable verticality, gameplay slows and reacts to threats.  Fab audio and graphics.  RR gets a 5 star from me.

Arktika-1 got a 4 from me is because despite the graphics and sound, the teleport is a teeny bit glitchy (as highlighted above).

I think RR is essential, because the gameplay is so smooth, I marvel at all the little details.
    I think A1 is great, but not essential IMO, because the gameplay is slightly off smooth, leaving me mavelling less.

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 506
    Trinity
    This would be a better game if they removed the puzzles. A lot of the puzzles are just poorly implemented.  And I don't mind teleportation like in RR but here it's extremely restrictive and sometimes you teleport to the wrong location. It was a very poor design choice. Also, why don't the enemies ever charge you or throw a grenade. Why don't you have a grenade? 

And as some have mentioned the upgrades only make the game easier which hurts replayability. There should be some kind of hardcore mode to compensate. 
  • AetheryfreAetheryfre Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    5 STARS
    MowTin said:
    This would be a better game if they removed the puzzles. A lot of the puzzles are just poorly implemented.  And I don't mind teleportation like in RR but here it's extremely restrictive and sometimes you teleport to the wrong location. It was a very poor design choice. Also, why don't the enemies ever charge you or throw a grenade. Why don't you have a grenade? 

And as some have mentioned the upgrades only make the game easier which hurts replayability. There should be some kind of hardcore mode to compensate. 
    You can increase the difficulty substantially.
    5 STARS

I'm near the end and still very much enjoying this game. Has anyone committed to a specific arsenal combination? I see some great potential; like the Carver gun and Panzer shield.

Currently I'm a huge fan of the Fire & Ice combo (Ikari and Freccia):

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 2,630 Valuable Player
    4 STARS
    I forgets the name but the Japanese developed laser that can bounce off walls is the only gun you need. Possibly a bit over-powered but such a joy to use. The upgrade which turns enemies into a wall of fire is great. I think it's the gun you have in the left hand actually. 

System Specs: GTX 1080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
    5 STARS
    I forgets the name but the Japanese developed laser that can bounce off walls is the only gun you need. Possibly a bit over-powered but such a joy to use. The upgrade which turns enemies into a wall of fire is great. I think it's the gun you have in the left hand actually. 

Yeah it's pretty crazy. I do like to pair it up with the Stun gun because it stops enemies as they run or roll by. And during those few moments where multiple enemies run in to the scene, I can burn some while stunning others (for later burning).

Either way, the arsenal options are fairly addicting.

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 2,630 Valuable Player
    4 STARS
    Well what's left to do? Paint a skeletor face on the desk with the spray paint!

System Specs: GTX 1080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • A.ForceA.Force Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    So has the game become less buggy after last update?
    I really want to try it and i want to support the developers, but from reading about scale issues, teleportation problems and more, i cant really justify a purchase yet.

How bad is the scale thing? Will i feel like some sort of mr.balloon-hands or do you forget about it after playing a few minutes?
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 714 Poster of the Week
    edited November 8
    3 STARS
    Finished* this the other day, it was ok, too easy really and the scaling and floor position is a bit weird, encountered a few bugs too which meant replaying levels, not good.

Some nice guns in there though, getting the right combo for your own style sure makes for a better experience. The game does look nice though, mostly, and the level design was nice too with some decent puzzles.

*The ending was abrupt though, in fact there isn't really en ending, she just says well done and you're left standing there expecting a cut scene and end credits, but nothing, lol.
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 352
    Trinity
    edited November 8
    5 STARS
    Applecorp said:
    Finished* this the other day, it was ok, too easy really and the scaling and floor position is a bit weird, encountered a few bugs too which meant replaying levels, not good.

Some nice guns in there though, getting the right combo for your own style sure makes for a better experience. The game does look nice though, mostly, and the level design was nice too with some decent puzzles.

*The ending was abrupt though, in fact there isn't really en ending, she just says well done and you're left standing there expecting a cut scene and end credits, but nothing, lol.

LOL, I've not finished this yet but thats funny about the no ending part! haha Cheap Skates!!! :)

They should bring out an update with some big awesome boss scene at the end! And maybe some more levels/weapons/movement options. 

• ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 714 Poster of the Week
    edited November 8
    3 STARS
    Sorry if that was a spoiler, by the way. 
2»