New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sensor firmware fail and Oculus support fail

CloudUCLACloudUCLA Posts: 3
NerveGear
I created a ticket about a sensor issue last week. The issue is that one of my sensors fails to update its firmware, I get an error overtime I attempt to update the firmware. 

I have been emailing back and forth with the support team, providing them logs and photos but have gotten nowhere. I have been asking why they want these things but they have given me no reason, they even asked me for my address with any context as to why they were doing so. All they have done so far is request things of me without giving any reason or feedback as to how the process is going. I have asked them repeatedly why they want my address but have not gotten any response to my question.

This thing costs $400 bucks and I have not been able to play any games, this is completely unacceptable. With no phone number to call, we have to rely on a support team that seems to only send out pre canned answers and are unable to answer the most basic answers or communicate how the process is going. 

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,141
    Wintermute
    edited October 2017
    Is this the version you have?
    178/e9c7e04064ed1bd7a089
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    I sent you a private message with some details. I did escalate the ticket earlier today, but I'm not sure anyone on the team has responded yet. If you still don't get a response by Monday, please send me a private message. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • andest2003andest2003 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited January 2018
    mine is same one sensor updated fine the other just wont. anyone fix for this??????.

i have tried 3 pc,s plus compatible extra usb card to name a couple. looking at ordering a new sensor from their site @ £59

just opened a ticket i hope they dont mess me about how they have in the past