cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

every time theres an update i have to reset sensors because tracking shits the bed

danknugz
Superstar
so i fired up the rift last night for the first time in like 4 weeks. there have been a couple updates (1.19 or 1.18 whatever i dont pay attention), and of course my touch controllers were slightly drifting. it was too late and i didnt feel like spending 20 minutes of the 40 minutes i had, i played a little dead and buried and things were relatively fine, but this seems to happen after every update or every 15-20 hours of usage. 

my sensors are mounted and dont move.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
3 REPLIES 3

danknugz
Superstar
went to go use it ladt night then remebered i would have to fix tracking, didnt bother even using it, too much hassle
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Tadin
Heroic Explorer
Weird how this works, mine works fine all the time, even when i sometimes take a sensor down to open the top cupboard door one of them is clipped too.

I just put it back up in approx the same position and never have tracking issues.

I don't even rerun the setup if a camera gets knocked and i have to aim it back in approx the same direction. The software seems to take it all in its stride.

3 sensor setup btw, 2 front sensors about 14ft apart with a 3rd sensor about 8ft back in one corner, never any issues with tracking since about 1.14 or whenever it was broken for everyone).

falken76
Expert Consultant
My area that my camera's are on are so cluttered they get moved anytime someone sits down at the computer.  I've just gotten used to re-doing sensor setup everytime I turn on the rift.  I can set it up in a few minutes, maybe because I do it so damn often now I guess.  Had to set it up yesterday for my buddy because he wanted to see the rift.  He was concerned because my rift is caked in a layer of dust.  But.... He's buying a Rift from Best Buy today.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?