Oculus Touch will not initiate sensor tracking — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Touch will not initiate sensor tracking

AlphaMike1AlphaMike1 Posts: 4
NerveGear
Hi all,

i5 2500K 4.5GHz OC
16Gb RAM @ 1600MHz
ASUS P8Z68-V LX
GTX1070

I've just got an Oculus Rift and Touch controller pack and i'm having some real trouble trying to setup the Touch controllers.
I am using the Inatek recommended card.
I am unable to get the green dot on the initiate sensor tracking, this is after they have sucessfully paired.
I can confirm that the sensors are working by skipping the touch setup and the headset is tracked correctly.
The Touch controllers also show in my device list on the Oculus software but I have noticed that they do not report their battery level.

I've tried everyting i can think of:

Motherboard USB drivers
Inateck FLUSB drivers version 3.5.106 and 3.8.33709. Also tried the Windows drivers
Updating Video drivers
Disable Legacy 3.0 support in BIOS
Swap the batteries in the controllers
Every variation of USB connection between the motherboard and card.
Reinstalling Oculus software
Restarting setup multiple times
Updating Oculus software to Beta
Moving the sensors higher, lower, closer etc
I've checked the controllers with a camera and verified that the IR is working
Shouting at it

Is there something i'm missing or any ideas what to try next ?

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• Mister20Mister20 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I too am having similar problems with my touch sensors. Everything worked fine for a few weeks, then a battery died in one of the remotes. I swapped it out still no luck

Sensors detect
    Controllers detect with full battery
    I reinstalled the software, skip the controller setup, but now the vr view setup doesn't work.
    When sensors do the sweep in the headset setup, the sensors are totally out of position. Controllers appear, but do not move x,y,z but will accurately report rotation and button pushes so they do connect. Does Oculus really give us no support on their product? If so, I may return to the store if not too late.

• AlphaMike1AlphaMike1 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    To anyone who might have the same issue I found a fix:

What i did was to go into my temp files and manually delete the 2 TouchCalibration entries at C:\Users\mikem\AppData\Local\Oculus\TouchCalibration.

After this i went into the Oculus software and clicked Beta > Restart Oculus. Instantly i saw that the Touch controllers now showed a battery level in Devices.

I was then able to complete the setup with no issues and have used the touch controllers since with no problems.

Let me know how it goes!

• AlphaMike1AlphaMike1 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited January 2018
    Mister20 said:
    I too am having similar problems with my touch sensors. Everything worked fine for a few weeks, then a battery died in one of the remotes. I swapped it out still no luck

Sensors detect
    I reinstalled the software, skip the controller setup, but now the vr view setup doesn't work.
    When sensors do the sweep in the headset setup, the sensors are totally out of position. Controllers appear, but do not move x,y,z but will accurately report rotation and button pushes so they do connect. Does Oculus really give us no support on their product? If so, I may return to the store if not too late.

Try deleting those TouchCalibration entries a that might help your issue too
  • seperatezseperatez Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Mister20 said:

Sensors detect

Try deleting those TouchCalibration entries a that might help your issue too
    i deleted the touch calibration but cant find a way to reinstall it i dont have a file named beta

• seperatezseperatez Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    they actually reinstalled when i went through the setup again but it still shows my sesnor is inside my floor and my controllers wont show up in intiate sensor tracking
  • Aurora1cAurora1c Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem - can't initiate sensor tracking. No green dot, but all sensors and headset connections are green (OK)
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,754 Volunteer Moderator
    Aurora1c said:
    Same problem - can't initiate sensor tracking. No green dot, but all sensors and headset connections are green (OK)
    All the sensors need to see the controller at that step.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes, be sure all sensors can clearly see the Touch ring when you do this step. You may have to twist your arm a bit to make sure the controller is not blocked. If that does not help, please submit a ticket. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV