New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift 1.20 Release Notes

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,033 Oculus Staff
edited November 2 in General

Update 1.20 is now rolling out to Oculus Rift users. For past, present, and future patch notes, visit:

http://ocul.us/releasenotes 

Lighter-than-usual updates this month as we continue readying Rift Core 2.0, Dash, and Home. More to come soon!

Release 1.20

Features
  • Oculus Store: Dynamic Bundle Pricing. If you've already bought any of the apps in a bundle, your bundle price will be updated with an additional discount to account for the value of the apps you already own. Your personalized bundle price will always appear in the Oculus Store automatically.
Bugs
  • Fixed graphics issues related to recent Nvidia driver updates for GTX 780Ti and Titan Black graphics cards.
  • Fixed sensor issue with Oculus USB drivers becoming unavailable.
  • Fixed display and navigation issues with demo mode.
  • We now show a notification if you don't have enough free space on your hard drive to update the Oculus software.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• OculusFTLOculusFTL Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited November 2
    still not fixing my rift. Still black screen and orange LED.  here is what I think of your shit hardware/software. 
    This ain’t DK and I ain’t a fuckin developer.
    Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist
    I think my heel turned it off. not sure if throwing it against the wall turned it back on again.
  • Snot_ShotSnot_Shot Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    wpropst said:
    I think my heel turned it off. not sure if throwing it against the wall turned it back on again.
    There you go fella they should be able to help you www.revitalizingpsychiatry.com
    You are very welcome.

Hiro Protagonist
    edited November 2
    Snot_Shot said:
    wpropst said:
    There you go fella they should be able to help you www.revitalizingpsychiatry.com
    You are very welcome.

Nope.  Destroying that piece of shit has done wonders. Freed myself from the false hope of a fix. 
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,819
    Trinity
    wpropst said:
    still not fixing my rift. Still black screen and orange LED.  here is what I think of your shit hardware/software. 
    Windows 10 Fall Creator's update or what?  
    TitansOfSpacePlus_CoverArt_VRLandscape5_60p.png
    Hiro Protagonist
    drash said:
    wpropst said:
    Windows 10 Fall Creator's update or what?  
    Nope. All updates turned off. Was working fine when I went to bed, bricked when I went to use it the next day. I’m done chasing usb and hdmi and reinstalling this and that constantly. This ain’t DK and I ain’t a fuckin developer. 
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,597
    3Jane
    wpropst said:

love it
    But it could buy me a boat
    It could buy me a truck to pull it
    It could buy me a Yeti 110 iced down with some silver bullets
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 639 Poster of the Week
    Wish I had the money to throw foolish temper tantrums like that.

Maybe sticking to consoles is more your speed.
    WAAAGH!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Morgrum said:

keep chasing those USB and HDMI ports around your PCs rubes
  • 1point21jiggawattz1point21jiggawattz Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    wpropst said:
    Morgrum said:

I plugged mine in, and it worked. You're in the minority with issues. 
    Hey, I have a signature. 
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 763 Poster of the Week
    technology may not be for you..
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 293
    Nexus 6
    edited November 3
    wpropst said:

When you step back, relax, and think about what you've done, will you .......
    1. Replace it?
    or
    2. Replace it with a new username, so we don't know?

EDIT: To stay on topic, thanks for the new free space notification.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,033 Oculus Staff
    @wpropst I'd like to help, but right now all you are doing is spamming the forum. Please keep the discussion of your issue in the topic you created, and not spam all these unrelated discussions. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Hiro Protagonist
    @wpropst I'd like to help, but right now all you are doing is spamming the forum. Please keep the discussion of your issue in the topic you created, and not spam all these unrelated discussions. Thanks.
    all these people in the forums. must be a ton of broke ass rifts. and my rift is beyond repair. i posted the photo. Your help is not needed anymore.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Richooal said:
    wpropst said:

When you step back, relax, and think about what you've done, will you .......
    1. Replace it?
    or
    2. Replace it with a new username, so we don't know?

EDIT: To stay on topic, thanks for the new free space notification.
    none of the above. fuck oculus and the chase your ports all day bullshit. Ill wait until someone comes up with something better. And if it's Oculus, Ill buy it. And none of you will remember a fuckin thing about this.
    Hiro Protagonist
    wpropst said:
    Morgrum said:

I plugged mine in, and it worked. You're in the minority with issues. 
    quick google says Im not. but fanboi out if you need to.
    Art3mis
    wpropst said:
    People with issues complain, and get vocal. Those without, do not.
    Hey, I have a signature. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    wpropst said:
    People with issues complain, and get vocal. Those without, do not.
    cool story
  • CoolFire321CoolFire321 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    i thought there is something with my oculus, or my computer today when my oculus display is OFF.  tried to repair the program, didnt work. restart my computer couple time, still doesnt work. uninstall it and reinstall it it WORKS. display is back. but 1min later, ask me to UPDATE oculus before i can continue, which i DID. once its updated. same shit. black screen. i finally realized, its the NEW PATCH THAT RUIN my display. and i spend 5 hours to fix it.
    is there anyway  i can freaking NOT UPDATE this thing? or just roll back the patch that create WAY MORE BUG then fixing. 
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 293
    Nexus 6
    wpropst said:
     And none of you will remember a fuckin thing about this.
    I managed to get my sunnies on before you said that. ;)
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    NerveGear
    and seriously OCULUC is made by FACEBOOK. and you CANT even put some money into customer services with tech support? i have send a request and MIGHT get a response after 2 days? 

VR is a new tech, i m pretty sure there are LOTs of people have problems with it. waiting couple day to get an email response just plain ridiculous for a  multi billion dollar company. i  not not expecting 24/7 tech support  but come on at least some customer service on normal business a hour.
  • BEARDEDFIGNUTZBEARDEDFIGNUTZ Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    Morgrum said:

I don't know, someone with that mental capacity would likely have trouble with console as well. They should probably stick with paint by number and stuffed animals. How incredibly pathetic.
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,452 Poster of the Week
    Please we are losing sight of the bigger picture here

We have lost someone today, someone, someone we all know

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    Art3mis
    vannagirl said:
    Please we are losing sight of the bigger picture here

We have lost someone today, someone, someone we all know

Hey, I have a signature. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,033 Oculus Staff
    Hi, @CoolFire321, do you happen to run on an older Nvidia card? If so, you may want to install this specific driver for best compatibility: 385.41
    NerveGear
    Hi, @CoolFire321, do you happen to run on an older Nvidia card? If so, you may want to install this specific driver for best compatibility: 385.41
    i m running the newest driver 385.69
    i had test this multiple times now. there is nothing wrong my driver, or computer, or cable connection.
    because i can uninstall my oculus app, and reinstall it. it will work perfectly fine for about a minute, then i m forced to update oculus app. once the app restart. i lost the display on my head set.
    the light on head set still blue, sound is on, sensors are good, controllers are good, games are good because i can still see the display on my desktop screen. just the headset screen wont turn on at all.
  • WagnardWagnard Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited November 4
    i m running the newest driver 385.69
    i had test this multiple times now. there is nothing wrong my driver, or computer, or cable connection.
    because i can uninstall my oculus app, and reinstall it. it will work perfectly fine for about a minute, then i m forced to update oculus app. once the app restart. i lost the display on my head set.
    the light on head set still blue, sound is on, sensors are good, controllers are good, games are good because i can still see the display on my desktop screen. just the headset screen wont turn on at all.
    I had something like that with my laptop. Had to use a Mini display port to HDMI to make it work or I would have a black screen.  (note: Vive was working on the normal HDMI)

Also, did you guys Pull the update? its not updating here.