cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus home opens up spontaneously multiple times a day.

shadow9d9
Honored Guest
For some reason it started appearing on system startup.  I "x" it out.  A few hours later it will randomly pop up again, even when no one is using the computer.  What is the deal?  How do I get it to stop?
4 REPLIES 4

Snot_Shot
Expert Protege
Do you have SteamVR installed too? I had simmilar thing yesterday. SteamVR randomly would launch by itself and start Oculus app too. Uninstalled SteamVR and all is good again.

shadow9d9
Honored Guest
I do, but I don't load steam most of the time.  When it is happening, steam vr is not loaded and steam isn't on.

droseofc
Protege
Is the vr headset being moved, even a little nudge when this happens? If you right click the oculus shortcut, properties, then the compatability option, then at the bottom change settings for all users, check the box to run this program as administrator, ok, apply, ok. It should not run even when you put the headset on. It will only run if you open the app. Same with steamvr, u can launch without having oculus also running. 

KNP54
Heroic Explorer
Maybe a cat or a dog that puts his paw on the headset sensor (The orange LED inside the headset) ?
Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.