If I buy a oculus touch will it work with aussie computers? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

If I buy a oculus touch will it work with aussie computers?

joe_drayton1256joe_drayton1256 Posts: 3
NerveGear
if I purchase a Oculus Touch from Australia will it still work because it comes from America and it might have different type of wires and stuff, but will it work with normal aussie gaming computer?

Answers

• KillCardKillCard Posts: 1,078
    Wintermute
    if I purchase a Oculus Touch from Australia will it still work because it comes from America and it might have different type of wires and stuff, but will it work with normal aussie gaming computer?
    lol ... yes mate .. from one aussie to another .. it works perfectly.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,086
    Wintermute
    The Touch controllers don't have wires, and they only work with the Rift.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • KillCardKillCard Posts: 1,078
    Wintermute
    edited November 2017
    Yea, to elaborate. The Oculus Rift headset uses 1 USB port and a HDMI port to plug into your computer. Then each Sensor (usually 2-3 of them) will use one more USB port each. The HDMI is on the video card of your computer and the USB ports are on every computer, none of these are specific to any country, they are all universal.

As Richooal mentioned, the Touch Controllers use no wires, they are wireless and operate off standard AA batteries.

I would however, make sure you have the required Video Card and Motherboard/USB setups to support it (along with a good enough system to run it). Depending on what you currently have, it may need an upgrade.