New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Green haze and pink 90 degrees mirror

KingofKamikazeKingofKamikaze Posts: 13
NerveGear
Maybe anyone on this forum can help me.
I have a very strange problem where my screens turn green and in my right screen there seems to be a 90 degrees turned purple/pink mirror image of the screen as well.
I dont know what causes the problem but this is the second time it appears. It seems to start when i shut down or open an application on the rift.
Last time i fixed it by uninstalling the software and reinstalling it again, but i cant imagine that being the only solution (rebooting my PC doesnt work).

Does anyone know how i can fix this ?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• amirardalanamirardalan Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Yes, sorry my english is not very well, but i have this problem after AMD Driver update. any solu?
  • RiggslyRiggsly Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    yep same problem here actually seems like it started happening after the new rift update?
  • KhvoretskiyKhvoretskiy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem :/
  • betavrbetavr Posts: 78
    Hiro Protagonist
    This bug made me opt out of the release candidate weeks ago, and apparently it went live without a fix.
  • torquoculustorquoculus Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Same here! Sigh! :s
  • nathan.bilodeau.10nathan.bilodeau.10 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same here too...seems to be since the latest AMD Drivers were installed, will try a DDU and reinstall older drivers and runtime. Hopefully since we all have the same issue it may not be a hardware problem 
    NerveGear
    Tryed to return to old AMD drivers... no luck. Therefore, I uninstalled all Oculus SW and reinstalled from 0...
    Eureka!, all went OK. But.... but.... after a while Oculus SW done a minor update and the issue returned again. So I think it's a software problem on the last Oculus update. :/
  • nathan.bilodeau.10nathan.bilodeau.10 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited November 10
    Definitely a software problem linked to the new version of the oculus ''setup''. I went back to runtime 0.8 with AMD 17.5.2, for Assetto Corsa using Early VR Support everything works like it did before. It seems that  every recent runtime since 0.8  will simply auto-update and will ultimately make all of this come again and again...
  • AussieStigAussieStig Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    Anyone trying to reinstall might try just doing a system restore to the day before they updated the Oculus software. I had the same issue as the images above. So I restored to just prior to the 1.20 update installing. Starting the Oculus app now produces this error and I am able to close the error window and continue using my DK2. I hope Oculus are paying attention to this thread, the early adopters that have supported them from the beginning now need their assistance in solving this issue. AussieStig

NerveGear
    I think that a secure work-around could be: uninstall completely the "wrong patched" versione of Oculus SW, reinstall all from 0 and, before it updates itself to new release, keep it offline applying a firewall rule defined ad-hoc.  B)
    Waiting for a Oculus solution, of course.
    Cheers!
    Art3mis
    edited November 10
    I think that a secure work-around could be: uninstall completely the "wrong patched" versione of Oculus SW, reinstall all from 0 and, before it updates itself to new release, keep it offline applying a firewall rule defined ad-hoc.  B)
    Waiting for a Oculus solution, of course.
    Cheers!
    Thanks for your reply mate. Could you lay out in steps how this work-around would look please? Cheers AussieStig
    NerveGear
    OK! But... I'm not american (and not even english), so I would try to translate my panels/commands from my language... Use your fantasy!  :p

1. open "SETTINGS" in Win10, I mean the gear on the start menu... (or open control panel in early versions)
    2. select "LAN&Internet"
    3. select "Windows Firewall" on the bottom of the page
    4. click on "advanced settings"
    5. select "outbound connections" on the right column (or something like this)
    6. "New rule" on the right column
    7. keep "Program" selected and click "Next>"
    8. browse for the executable in "C:\Program Files\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe
    9. "Next>" and keep "block connection" selected -> "Next>" again and keep the three combo selected
    10. "Next>" and give it a rule name... "Finish"

I hope it is clear enough.
    May be that you must repeat the exercise with one or two more rules for the service executables in "oculus-runtime" path.

Let's try it and see.  >:)

• KingofKamikazeKingofKamikaze Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Good to know i am not the only one!
    I contacted Oculus about it and they asked me if i could try a different set of cables. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. Like you said it seems like a software problem to me.
    I will keep you up to date about responses from oculus.
  • KingofKamikazeKingofKamikaze Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Anyone trying to reinstall might try just doing a system restore to the day before they updated the Oculus software. I had the same issue as the images above. So I restored to just prior to the 1.20 update installing. Starting the Oculus app now produces this error and I am able to close the error window and continue using my DK2. I hope Oculus are paying attention to this thread, the early adopters that have supported them from the beginning now need their assistance in solving this issue. AussieStig

Seems like the oculus server is not started.
    A quick reboot should do the trick.
    Art3mis

Seems like the oculus server is not started.
    A quick reboot should do the trick.

Rebooting does not help mate, every time I start the App it gives me this message. AussieStig
  • DoogukDooguk Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited November 10
    Same problem for me too. Vega 56. Latest drivers.
  • StoommStoomm Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi,

Same problem here.
    DK2 with AMD R9 290 and Oculus 1.20.
    Working well before oculus update. 
    It's not a cables problem. It's ok with runtime 0.8.

Need a patch or a downgrade to 1.19
  • quickebay1quickebay1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same Problems here. Installed run time 0.8 and green screen and 90 degree pink went away. Definitely a issue with the latest update. I guess I am grounded in DCS till this is fixed.
  • SpatulatorSpatulator Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I am having the same problem where the display is green and pink.
    Even using a firewall rule does not allow me to stay on the previous runtime.
    I hope this issue gets attention.
  • CoteDazurCoteDazur Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    same issue here, not cool, need to use open VR and runtime 0.8 to use my DK2, not happy.:( :( :( :(
  • paulmisaacpaulmisaac Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Same here...I opened a support ticket and bugged them for a while and the official response is...

"Oculus Support is aware of the issue which is impacting DK2 users who are using AMD graphics cards.

We are actively looking into this behavior, but we do not have a solution to provide to you at this time. This was in no way an intentional behavior of the latest software update"

Read "It's not intentional we just didn't test it properly before we forced you to install it"

• betavrbetavr Posts: 78
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ignorance is bliss..
  • R0cketPantsR0cketPants Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I've submitted a ticket also, I think everyone affected should submit one to ensure they know we aren't happy!

• TheMattyOnlineTheMattyOnline Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Same issue.

AMD FX8350 / RX480 8GB and green screen / distorted image.

I have installed the 0.8 SDK which is a sort of fix in as much as the image is ok, but it seems ASW is non existent in this version, so tracking and general performance in the DK2 is pretty awful on my PC.

Why are there no old versions of the Oculus runtimes available other than 0.8 ?

Oh, and how do I raise a support ticket for this so I can lend my voice to a hopeful fix?
  • TheMattyOnlineTheMattyOnline Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Thanks and done !
  • CoteDazurCoteDazur Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Great, done as well, thank you, hopefully they fix it soon
  • arcistararcistar Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem with my AMD card, Radeon HD 7950 and Oculus DK2. With the 1.19 version all worked fine. Please fix it as soon as possible.
  • mrEC1234mrEC1234 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    wow....same thing here ! I thought my rift is done and messed up...thank god other people have it as well, Im relieved, it gotta be software related since we all have it right now.

I've sent a ticket to their support, thanks OP for posting your issue here, I found you through google images and immediately got relieved to know that others have this issue as well so we now know that our rifts should be fine after Oculus sorts this issue out.

here's 2 pics I took of it with my smartphone :