New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Does Oculus rift touch work with xbox one x and how to you set it up. Where do you connect everythig

PHobgoodPHobgood Posts: 3
NerveGear
Does Oculus rift touch work with xbox one x and how to you set it up.  Where do you connect the motion sensor wires.?

Best Answers

Answers

• kojackkojack Posts: 3,667 Volunteer Moderator
    As I said, "currently". :)

• PHobgoodPHobgood Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Looks like I wasted my money on the Rift Touch system.  I was led to believe it hooked directly to the New Xbox One X I just received.  Is there no VR sytem that works directly off the Xbox One X system?

• PHobgoodPHobgood Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Bye the way, there is no support for the Oculus Rift Touch system.  They do not help at all online or phone system.  They provide no instruction manual with the system.  NO SERVICE or Technical support of any kind that I can fine. 
  • PabbertPabbert Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    I would of checked compatibility before making any purchase.
    With regards to Oculus customer service, email them and they will get back to you with a ticket etc. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,033 Oculus Staff
    We do have customer service. You can submit a ticket or search articles on this page.
    https://support.oculus.com/
    However, in any case, Oculus Rift is compatible only with Windows gaming PCs, not Xbox consoles. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • KenSniperKenSniper Posts: 114
    Art3mis
    How did you come to the conclusion that it works on the Xbox One?
  • iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    KenSniper said:
    They didn't read the website.
  • paulmisaacpaulmisaac Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    The closest you can get is streaming your xbox one to your PC and viewing it in the headset
  • Snot_ShotSnot_Shot Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    PHobgood said:
    Looks like I wasted my money on the Rift Touch system.  I was led to believe it hooked directly to the New Xbox One X I just received.  Is there no VR sytem that works directly off the Xbox One X system?

No it looks like you had a  D'oh! moment? :smiley:
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,456 Poster of the Week
    PHobgood said:

huh is this for real??

where did you hear it works on a console?? have you considered someone was trolling you
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 1,654 Poster of the Week
    PHobgood said:

Why did you think it would work with Xbox one?  Did some sales rep tell you it would or did you read it somewhere?  Otherwise it's assumption....  If some rep told you that, I'd take it back to that store and demand a refund.
    PHobgood said:
    Bye the way, there is no support for the Oculus Rift Touch system.  They do not help at all online or phone system.  They provide no instruction manual with the system.  NO SERVICE or Technical support of any kind that I can fine. 
    So why did you buy it?
    KenSniper said:
    Nobody reads anything these days, I would venture a guess..... Assumption
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 564
    Neo
    Not sure where you guys got your information. I've been playing Halo 6 in VR using my Rift on the X1X. Amazing.....
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 3,330 Valuable Player
    PHobgood said:
    Looks like I wasted my money on the Xbox One X system.  I was led to believe it hooked directly to the New Oculus Rift I just received.  I'll bin the Xbox immediately and order a PC from Amazon Prime so it's here tomorrow.  Thanks for all your help guys - see you in the Rift!

Fixed.