If you have StarCraft II but never bought Heart of the Swarm DLC...check you email — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

If you have StarCraft II but never bought Heart of the Swarm DLC...check you email

DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,718 Valuable Player
You may already know StarCraft II Wings of Liberty is going to be free to play from the 14th... but they're also gifting the Heart of the Swarm DLC to people who bought the original campaign as a sweetener.... well I assume it wasn't just me!
Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,862 Valuable Player
    I bought Heart of the Swarm earlier this year and just beat it this past week. I started the Legacy of the Void campaign last night!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,718 Valuable Player

The original StarCraft is still one of my all time favourites... just played through the remastered version.

Always thought it would make a great VR game, played on a virtual table-top!

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)

Yep! I love the original StarCraft, and have played through it many times over the years. I think my heart will always belong to WarCraft 2 from the franchise, but they lost me when they introduced heroes and went a bit more Disney with the WarCraft 3 series.

With StarCraft 1 & 2, they managed to keep things epic even with the hero management. I've actually played through Wings of Liberty twice in the past year. I can't wait to burn through Legacy of the Void; and then redo parts of all 3 campaigns to finish all achievements!
    I just beat the entire trilogy. Goodness, that was a fairly amazing RTS experience. The story was kickass.

The world needs a StarCraft VR universe, stat.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,718 Valuable Player

In my very limited knowledge of programming... I'm imagining it's not a huge task to adapt an existing 3D RTS to a virtual world if it's just translating it to say a virtual table-top, but what do I know!

Would be amazing to be able to wonder round the gameplay arena and command with Touch instead of mouse!

Anyway, I'm saving The Heart of the Swarm for the long winter evenings... along with a heap of other unplayed games.