cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game only good for one profile!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had setup the Oculus and touch for myself and my wife. We have different profiles on the computer and different log ins. To my surprise, only the free ones are available for to her. All the other games are attached to my account only. This was a bit of a shocker, but confirmed thru Oculus support. If you buy a game through the store, it is only good for that profile. If you want to use the game on more than one profile. ( the same hardware, same computer, same room, same house, same country, same continent, same planet) you have to rebuy the game. That's just dumb. We have separate accounts on the computer bc she has her files, I have my work files, etc. Thinking I may create a third profile and then tie everything to a new email address. It's plain silly to have to do this though. Guess, I'll buy through steam or anywhere else until they fix this. I don't know if this has been discussed before but if not, people should speak up and let Oculus know they should allow it. I don't have to buy a copy for each PS4 profile, or XB profile, or for my regular PC games. I didn't buy multiple copies of windows for the same box either. I enjoy the hardware and VR is a lot of fun. Plus they have made the hardware affordable. I really enjoy it. Store pricing aside and the fact that I can't get US pricing like I can with Steam is annoying. Locking a game to a single profile on the same exact machine/HMD is unacceptable, and bad for business.
4 REPLIES 4

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You mean the games are locked to a single Windows profile or Oculus account? I believe that you can log into the same Oculus account from different Windows user profiles to play the same games. This would keep your save files separated or many games, since they're generally stored in your Windows user folder. Some games store your stats server-side, so those would be more problematic for multiple users sharing one Oculus account. 

If you're trying to share games between two different Oculus accounts, that's not going to work. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
To a single Oculus account/profile. To me that shouldn't be. I don't have to rebuy for separate profiles on my PS4 or XB1 so I don't see why I have to on Oculus. Even Steam allows you to share. I'm not buying one copy to put on multiple PC's to use with multiple HMD's. It's one HMD attached to one computer. If we share the account, some games with an autosave don't allow for separate saves. I don't think we shoud have to jump through hoops like that but I'll try your suggestion to see if that helps though. Thanks.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Create a new Windows Account for "VR Users"

dip3n84llei1.png

midnight_run
Honored Guest
I totally agree with ManchonBox. This is stupid by design.

There should be an option to choose the game location when installing with a note to install in a storage area which all local windows accounts could access. Saved games should be saved in the user profile.

How simpler could it be?

No... I have to download every game per user like a dumbass who has infinite local disk storage because I don't feel like sharing my Windows and gamer profiles.

clap clap clap.... bravo Oculus... game changing hardware and games but I wish you would have done better with their delivery.