New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Can someone link me an extension cable that i can get in Australia for the Oculus rift please.

Log_a_FrogLog_a_Frog Posts: 875
Trinity
that you know works. 

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 293
    Nexus 6
    HDMI or USB?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • Log_a_FrogLog_a_Frog Posts: 875
    Trinity
    Hdmi
    Nexus 6
    I haven't read this thread, because it's 10 pages, but you may find what you're looking for here ......................
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/30513/yes-extension-cables-do-work-w-cv1/p1

Trinity
    They dont deliver to Australia
  • babybasherbabybasher Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    How long?

Officeworks $8 Comsol 5m cable works perfectly with a hdmi amplifier ($5ish from ebay).

I havnt tried any others. However you can always return the item to the store for a refund if it doesn't work. 
    Trinity
    You mean the repeater?
    Nexus 6
    edited November 14
    They dont deliver to Australia
    U serious bro???
    The first link in that thread points to a HDMI cable from Amazon, and it says "THIS ITEM SHIPS TO AUSTRALIA".
    It's also the one Cyber says works.
    You could at least read the information you are asking for.

They'll even gift wrap it for you :)
    Trinity
    The one they recommend does not ship to australia.
    I just checked with cyber and he said that one is ok.
    Very frustrating that oculus dont sort this out better. Why should i have to do all this run around.
    Too annoying. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,033 Oculus Staff
    It's because that's is a newer updated version of the cable, same brand, they just updated (I believe) from HDMI 1.4 to 2.0. Technically it should still likely work, but it's hard to guarantee that given the issues I've seen on the forum.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV