New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Robo Recall - Can no longer play due to jerking/refresh rate problem

SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,328
Project 2501
edited November 2017 in Games and Apps
Hi there, I'm not sure how to explain what I'm seeing inside my Rift but suddenly over past week or two this game has become unplayable. Can anybody please help?

It's kind of like the screen is struggling to keep up when I move my head, like I'm losing frames and it's stuttering/jerking or something. It's really strange and it doen't happen when I'm in the gun range in game or walking round the office, it's only when I load a mission that it starts to do this, so I can't play the mission because it hurts my eyes.

All other VR games are working fine, Onward, Bullet Train, Left 4 Dead, Lone Echo, Arktika.1, Superhot etc etc. I've never had any issues with my Rift or tracking before so I don't think it's that, I'm thinking maybe it's an update to the game or nvidia drivers maybe?

I found this post on reddit: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7c2x5i/nvidia_driver_38813_issues_is_it_just_me/

Thanks in advance.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Comments

• UBSERDUBSERD Posts: 356
    Nexus 6
     Go to this link at the bottom to bring you to this magical forum post.  Look at the comment from aisepos! His suggestion actually fixed everything. Oculus has never suggested this but now they will. This man is a genius and he actually figured out why I was having my problems... all 6 months of them.  I can’t guarantee it’s a cure all but I hope this helps you too and give him a shout if you see him. He is a God!!!! 

Thanks to everyone in their suggestions if they are reading this. I really appreciate all the help and working together to figure out these things for the community.

See you in the Rift!

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/58073/poor-tracking-quality-audio-glitches-lagging-etc-after-half-hour-of-use#latest