it's quiet.. too quiet :P — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

it's quiet.. too quiet :P

kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
Wintermute
are we all waiting on Home 2.0? :smile:

or is it just me who's counting down the days till December, and you're all out with Turkey induced coma's??!?
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Comments

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,792 Valuable Player
    Can't wait.  Really looking forward to experiencing it.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,379 Valuable Player
    edited November 2017

I'm going through serious Holiday planning in my new home. I moved in back in July and I'm still slowly going through the unpacking process - since I never took any real time away from work during the move. After I went through a VR obsession with The Invisible Hours, followed by replaying things like Wilson's Heart and Dead Secret, I took a break from VR. I obsessed through the StarCraft 2 campaigns and now I'm back to non-gaming. I know that once December rolls around, VR is going to pull me back in!

Not to mention that the Marvel game is coming soon, and I anticipate countless hours of commitment to that superhero extravaganza. Having a "calm before the storm" is becoming quite commonplace amongst the Rift community. I like it.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    yeah, there is a tingle of anticipation in the air (that's not caused by all the cider I've been drinking honest)..

I need to do some serious work on my setup to troubleshoot my height shift issues with support, but I have almost no time right now.. hoping to get it done this weekend, and then be ready for December..

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,989 Valuable Player
    I'm a bit concerned because once Dash is here I'll probably spend most of the rest of my life in Elite Dangerous lmfao :o :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,379 Valuable Player

I still get a Height issue with some games. I am no longer able to mount my sensors high up because I end up low to the ground in VR. But I have no problem keeping them at eye-level. I have no patience for troubleshooting these days lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    hahaha... I have patience for troubleshooting (hell, I built a career out of it), I'm just nutso with Xmas, embargo periods, projects and stuff and when I get home the last thing I wanna do is fix my PC :tongue:

the height issue is weird.. I look right and I drop 2"-4", I look left and everything resets.. when I do setup, or look at the camera placeholders the right camera looks like it's mounted lower than the left but they're the same height.. I've even swapped the cameras over and the right one still looks lower. no idea if it's a software thing, or a hardware issue.. it feels like software coz it wasn't happening until we got that release that caused the "rotate yourself into the ground" bug that happened at the beginning of the year (think it was 1.15 release, or close to it anyway - there was a bunch of us at the time).

I agree @snowdog - if I can be in Elite and get to a desktop instance without having to quit out I'll only have to leave to crack another bottle of cider.. in fact, now that I think about it, if I had 2 webcams setup, I could use them to see what I was doing in meatspace when I goto the fridge.. perfection :smile: