For those having stuttering, and hitching issues, has your performance gotten worse since 1.20.01? - Page 3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

For those having stuttering, and hitching issues, has your performance gotten worse since 1.20.01?

13»

Comments

• YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,111
    Wintermute
    edited December 2017
    Wildt said:
    YoLolo69 said:
     I have to remove the MB to proceed
    Why?
    I don't feel confident and comfortable to go deeply in the PC case to proceed. I done this first time outside when building the machine. I have a big Noctua FAN (https://goo.gl/images/Zq3srV) to set precisely on level and not sure I can do this without removing the MB. Anyway. Honestly, I'll try as it's painful to disconnect and remove it...

lovethis said:
    YoLolo69 said:
    Personally I do have stutters after a while and checked my CPU temps and saw it goes far above the 80° with an intensive CPU test (prime95). I guess this is due to the thermal past on my CPU I7 3770K OC 4,4Ghz which is too old (july 2012). Time to renew this thermal past. Pffiiiuuuu, it's a long work as I have to remove the MB to proceed and got a big Noctua fan to remove and set again!
    Far above 80? What to, like a 100 LOL?
    I stopped the test at around 85, and the speed it was continually raising at that point let me think I could prepare the dinner using it ;) As far as I remember it was going at max at 65° after an hour of tests when building the computer...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,937 Valuable Player
    edited December 2017
    YoLolo69 said:
    Wildt said:
    YoLolo69 said:
     I have to remove the MB to proceed
    Why?
    I don't feel confident and comfortable to go deeply in the PC case to proceed. I done this first time outside when building the machine. I have a big Noctua FAN (https://goo.gl/images/Zq3srV) to set precisely on level and not sure I can do this without removing the MB. Anyway. Honestly, I'll try as it's painful to disconnect and remove it...
    I can understand doing it outside the case when actually building the computer, but the extra hassle of removing it just to re-seat is something I personally couldn't be bothered with.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • blummblumm Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    Hey, I just found this thread and got simular problems after 1.20. Did a clean Win install with no help. 
    Has anyone get to the 1.19 software? I would like to try if that helps.
  • Aus067Aus067 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    6 months later still the same problem ....why did this forum stop.. Has everyone burned their rifts? thats what I feel like doing to mine. 
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 863
    3Jane
    edited June 2018
    Aus067 said:
    6 months later still the same problem ....why did this forum stop.. Has everyone burned their rifts? thats what I feel like doing to mine. 
    You may find that posting your issues in the 1.27 thread, with a description, could better find a resolution as, being current, it would be viewed more often by Oculus staff. Possibly consider raising a support ticket with issue details, there a a lot of friendly and helpful folk on the forum these days :)

Hope you find a resolution.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • CoooperRiftCoooperRift Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Aus067 said:
    Hi. In my case the issue seems to have been with the hardware: I tested the troublesome application(s) with a different Rift HMD (but using my existing sensors and controllers) and they ran well. So I suppose it would be worth a try burning your Rift but getting a new one at the same time. In any case it's another viable step in your trouble shooting efforts.