Windows blue screens — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Windows blue screens

jdarpinianjdarpinian Posts: 2
edited April 2013 in Support
My MacBook Pro Retina 15", running Windows 8 in Boot Camp, will often get a BSOD after resuming from sleep if I had the Rift plugged in before sleep. Turns out it's NVIDIA's fault: the problem is in nvhda64v.sys, which is their driver for audio out via HDMI. I've fixed it by going into Device Manager and disabling "NVIDIA High Definition Audio", since I don't need HDMI audio. There may be something the Rift hardware could do differently to prevent this problem, though the real fix would have to come from NVIDIA.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Interesting find. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Could you try using the DVI port on the Rift control box instead of HDMI? Does this work for you?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV