cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Run It?

WatchfulPickle
Sightseer
I  recently ran the Oculus Compatibility Checker, and everything checked out except for my CPU. I have enough ram, my 1050ti is ready to go, but I'm worried that my AMD A10-7700K R7 won't be able to run it. I also ran the HTC Vive test, which says that my pc is capable, and since the Oculus has lower tech specs, I'm curious as to whether I should buy, or upgrade my pc this christmas. Thanks for the help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
It isn't officially supported but should scrape by in less demanding games. The same is true of the GTX 1050 TI even though officially supported. You have a very marginal system for VR gaming regardless of which headset you use, so don't expect great results in the more demanding titles. I don't think there is a meaningful difference in the hardware requirements between the Vive, Rift and Windows VR headsets. The companies all list different minimum specs, but the actual system requirements for any given game are pretty much identical between them (exception for Samsung Odyssey, which requires a lot more).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
It isn't officially supported but should scrape by in less demanding games. The same is true of the GTX 1050 TI even though officially supported. You have a very marginal system for VR gaming regardless of which headset you use, so don't expect great results in the more demanding titles. I don't think there is a meaningful difference in the hardware requirements between the Vive, Rift and Windows VR headsets. The companies all list different minimum specs, but the actual system requirements for any given game are pretty much identical between them (exception for Samsung Odyssey, which requires a lot more).

WatchfulPickle
Sightseer

Thanks! My intention was to scrape by in the first place, and slightly upgrade my pc with a somewhat better graphics card and replace my motherboard and cpu. I also have a much more powerful computer that should run vr, just can't access it at the moment. Thanks for the answer!

FutureClimax200
Honored Guest
Hi, I am running Oculus on i5 3470, 14gb ram and GTX 1050 Ti 4gb. I am very happy with my purchase and in my opinion it works very well.
This is a Robo Recall film with graphics set on HIGH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kKc6tP2SEE

I believe it would work and look even better on higher specs but I have a poor PSU and have to use cards with no additional power cables.

BigestChungus
Honored Guest
Did your Pc connect to the rift?

WatchfulPickle said:

I  recently ran the Oculus Compatibility Checker, and everything checked out except for my CPU. I have enough ram, my 1050ti is ready to go, but I'm worried that my AMD A10-7700K R7 won't be able to run it. I also ran the HTC Vive test, which says that my pc is capable, and since the Oculus has lower tech specs, I'm curious as to whether I should buy, or upgrade my pc this christmas. Thanks for the help.