cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting stuttering/juddering when looking left/right? Was perfect a few weeks ago!?

NeilTheNameless
Explorer
So trying to use the Rift today I'm getting quite obvious judders/stutters in the rendering as I turn my left left/right.

I've tried Steam VR, and a number of Oculus titles, and around the front 90 degrees as I look left/right I can see every now and then the scene stutter as if the sensors are getting confused?!

I've recalibrated the sensors numerous times. Tried moving them slightly. Tried moving one of the sensors to a USB 2 slot. Tried moving the HMD to USB 3 slot on the MB. But nothing seems to help!? They're minor but enough to put you off, and certainly nothing I was having before!

Any idea how to diagnose the cause of the stutters?

Note: Both sensors and the HMD were all in the Inateck 4 Port PCIe card which I'm sure was working fine until a couple of weeks ago!?
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh you too huh...  they are going to start coming out of the woodwork just watch.  The Wild World of Oculus where they blame you for their software issues and they don’t care. I’m sorry you are having these issues too man. Welcome to the struggle. This is either an Oculus issue or a Fall Creators Update issue because some have reported both AMD and Nvidia is affected with the stuttering and anomalies. Hopefully enough people will start complaining to the degree they actually have to do something about it. Wouldn’t that be nice!  Even if it is a Windows Update issue Oculus should adjust their software to work around it, seriously. 

ldlocke
Honored Guest
Wow there are more of us with this issue. This sux. ED and PCars2 almost unplayable due to the jitters

Anonymous
Not applicable
 Welcome to the club bud. Yes unfortunately there have been quite a few of us popping up. I used to be pretty much singular in these particular issues but it seems lately this is more widespread. Let’s hope they are listening. 

Who_RU
Explorer

So trying to use the Rift today I'm getting quite obvious judders/stutters in the rendering as I turn my left left/right.

I've tried Steam VR, and a number of Oculus titles, and around the front 90 degrees as I look left/right I can see every now and then the scene stutter as if the sensors are getting confused?!

I've recalibrated the sensors numerous times. Tried moving them slightly. Tried moving one of the sensors to a USB 2 slot. Tried moving the HMD to USB 3 slot on the MB. But nothing seems to help!? They're minor but enough to put you off, and certainly nothing I was having before!

Any idea how to diagnose the cause of the stutters?

Note: Both sensors and the HMD were all in the Inateck 4 Port PCIe card which I'm sure was working fine until a couple of weeks ago!?

I too have jumped through the exact same hoops that you have done, with the same results.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
The problem is they aren't listening otherwise they would post here to say they are aware of a problem. I suggest you send in a support ticket and send a link to this part of the forum and other parts of the forum where people are complaining about this issue. There's been a fair few Oculus updates that have caused problems on people's headsets in the past. I just wish Oculus would communicate more and tell people if there's a problem, instead of letting people mess with their computers and setups etc.

You will need to send them your logs, so do that at the same time. You could also see if @cybereality has any recommendations in the support section

Hodders67
Protege
ive mostly fixed this by rolling back my nvidia drivers i still get the occasional blip but its 1000 times better than it was

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Yet another thread about this? Either they are working on it or they aren't - making so many different threads about the same thing won't help. Or is it just that people can't be arsed to check if this has already been under discussion in other threads for months?

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
And yet our problems are still not solved. We need this many posts for how long this is been going on. We need to be heard man.
Also I’ve tried every suggestion but does change a thing.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Well this explains a few things, i had been enjoying Euro Truck simulator for the past half a year in VR, fantastic fun game, but around last month out of the blue one day i started with the rubber banding issue where my truck would slow down then jump ahead fast, and it would continue to do this, but before over the very same routes over the last 6 months the game was working perfectly......but now i see the issue was nothing at my end, so at least that is something.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.