cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

head tracking issues

flaw
Explorer
i'm having some problems getting head-tracking enabled in any applications at the moment.

i have had it working some time ago but it has not been working in any application for a while.

i am not using any logitech devices and i have tried experimenting with what has been plugged into the USB ports to no avail.

i am using USB 2.0 ports and not USB 3.0 ports.

i am using a different USB cable to the one that originally shipped with the Rift and this is the only change that i can think of that may be causing the issue.

are there any other trouble-shooting steps or ways to test if head-tracking is working at all on the device and what other steps should i take to try to enable head-tracking again?
get your game on ....
13 REPLIES 13

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you test on a different computer?

You can try finding the USB device "Tracker DK" in the device manager and uninstalling the driver (it should grab the default ones automatically after this).

Sometimes unplugging and replugging the cable helps. Switching USB ports. Replacing with a different cable.

Hope that helps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

maetheus
Honored Guest
I had the same issue recently, try a new USB cable and see if that does the trick.
Seems there may be some defective USB cables going in to the dev kits. How many is very hard to say, but worth trying.
I just bumped an old post from Apr 25, 2013 where another user had the same issue and they fixed it by changing the USB cable.

flaw
Explorer
okay, tried with a new cable. i think i found the one that originally shipped with the unit but still no head-tracking.

i played around with my usb ports a little bit and still could not get it to recognise head-tracking.

i cannot find "Tracker DK" in the Device Manager at all. perhaps this is the issue?

it was working some time ago but i have not had head-tracking in any application for a little while.

any other ideas guys? thanks for the support.
get your game on ....

diervek
Honored Guest
I am now having the same exact problems.
It all worked fine a month ago and now no head tracking.
I tried using a new cable and also can not find "Tracker DK" in the device manager.
I'll try using a separate computer.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It could be defective hardware, and if it is you should contact support@oculus.com

However you will have to have tried it on a second computer before we can issue a replacement.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

flaw
Explorer
still doing more troubleshooting and will definitely test it out on other PCs and see if i encounter the same issue.

if i still can't get it working and it seems defective, i will get in touch with support. thankyou.
get your game on ....

flaw
Explorer
i am further troubleshooting my problem with head-tracking using the oculus configuration utility.

when i open the configuration utility, i get the error message that no USB is detected and all of the options in the configuration utility are blacked out.

the device shows visuals fine but i am unable to get head-tracking.

would this indicate that the problem may be the USB cable?
get your game on ....

cybereality
Grand Champion
Well it could be the USB cable, it could be a busted tracker, or it could be a driver issue on your computer. I would suggest trying on a totally different machine (preferably with Windows 7) and see if the problem still happens.

flaw
Explorer
i have not yet tested on another machine and will do that step as soon as i can.

i have noticed that i cannot find the "tracker dk" or any indication of the oculus in the device manager. what should i do to get the drivers installed and get them to show up in the device manager?

remember, i cannot get the configuration to recognise the device either and cannot update the firmware.

i am planning to test with different USB cables and on another machine and if i still cannot get it working i will contact support.
get your game on ....