New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Flash Sale! What Should I Buy!?

KevinakiKevinaki Posts: 214
Nexus 6
I haven't been able to use my Rift in a while and I'm excited with the new flash sale and Rift Core 2.0. Below are some games I'm thinking about buying. What would be your top 5? Are there any games/experiences that I missed that are must haves? Let me know!

1. Super Hot
  2. ARKTIKA.1
  3. Skyworld
  4. Gunheart
  5. SportsBar VR
  6. Giant Cop: Justice Above All
  7. Archangel
  8. Drunkn Bar Fight
  9. Counter Fight

Comments

• falken76falken76 Posts: 1,766 Poster of the Week
    Superhot is awesome.  I haven't played any of the others.
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 705 Poster of the Week

I picked up from other stars because it was a good sale.

I hear great things about these two.

1. Super Hot
    2. ARKTIKA.1
    WAAAGH!
  • goldrush76goldrush76 Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Archangel is fun. Superhot is an ESSENTIAL!
  • KevinakiKevinaki Posts: 214
    Nexus 6
    Ok, definitely getting Super Hot!
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 3,424 Valuable Player
    You will not regret buying Super Hot!
  • soopytwistsoopytwist Posts: 53
    Brain Burst
    edited December 6
    Nothing. The only one's that are decent I've already got. Rubbish sale.
  • CyrilCyril Posts: 1,116
    3Jane
    Give "Karnage Chronicles" and "Blasters of the Universe" a check ?

And since it's possible to refund Oculus Store games (in parameters/account/purchase history) : No reason not to try both :)
  • Kevin_BrookKevin_Brook Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    Arktika 1 is awesome, that's my favourite game on the list. Superhot was good, but I found it frustrating and ugly. Maybe because I suck at games and had repeat sections over and over and over and over again. Then watched someone complete the entire game on youtube in like 8 minutes which made me feel inadequate.

Lone Echo is beautiful too. Feels like a true next gen title.
    I'm kind of curious to buy Wings, as I don't have any flying games. Anyone played and enjoyed that?
  • KevinakiKevinaki Posts: 214
    Nexus 6
    Super Hot and Artika.1! What else???
  • NeloDiavoloNeloDiavolo Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I picked up Super Hot and Kingspray Graffiti. Debating on Artika.1 and Lone Echo..I want them but I might wait closer to Xmas. I didn't even know a sale was afoot! 
  • BeastyBaiterBeastyBaiter Posts: 374 Poster of the Week
    edited December 7
    Hadn't heard of Karnage Chronicles before, but looks interesting from a youtube review. Went ahead and grabbed it.

Edit: Would not recommend Karnage Chronicles. It isn't the worst VR game I've played, but the bad melee combat makes it both boring and frustrating.
  • DanielMistDanielMist Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Hi there @BeastyBaiter ,
    Dev on Karnage here, we're working to improve combat in early access, however we do have many players the love the combat. It can take a while to get used to the parry / block / attack system, and it's hard. We are planning other features that will push it forwards though. I'm interested to know which class you chose (if warrior, did you pick up your shield?) 

Thanks for your input! We're a 3 man team putting the game together, so things take time, but we're working hard! 
    Nordic Trolls Art Director
  • BeastyBaiterBeastyBaiter Posts: 374 Poster of the Week
    Well, if you are willing to take a look into the melee combat, that could make it far more enjoyable. A good melee combat game in VR is tough to beat from a pure fun standpoint. The trouble with the current system is it requires massively exaggerated swings to do any damage at all and blocking seems somewhat random for both players and NPC's. Not being able to shield bash is an issue too. Our hands are in game, so anything we hurl or swing at an enemy should have an effect. As it stands, it feels like a traditional mouse + keyboard button masher melee system. Fine for desktop, not so great in VR. Unfortunately, changing that part is very likely a massive amount of work. But if you can fix it, I'll happily recommend it. The graphics aren't amazing but certainly good enough for the art style, sound is way better than I expected and it seems like it has a lot of good ideas in it. It's just the combat that is the problem. Unfortunately that's the most important thing for a game like this one.

I will give a bow a try later tonight, that might be better as ranged combat seems easier to implement properly than melee.