New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift SI 1.21 Now Available on Public Test Channel

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,223 Oculus Staff
edited December 6 in General
The latest release has just hit PTC — here’s what you can expect. The updates for this month center on the new Rift Core 2.0 beta! In addition to the usual channels, we're introducing UserVoice as a way to organize feedback and suggestions (visit the Oculus blog to learn more). Don't forget you can log bugs right from the reporting tool in Rift. Thanks for testing!

Features
  • Wishlists: You can now add apps you'd like to purchase or download later to your wishlist in the Oculus Store. You can choose to see updates about sales and other promotions for apps on your wishlist.
  • Rift Core 2.0 (Beta):
    • The core software experience in Rift has been rebuilt, replacing the existing Universal Menu and Home with a new Touch-native interface.
    • Note, core functionality of Rift Core 2.0 should work fine with Windows 7 and 8.1, but some features, like Oculus Desktop virtual computing and Dash as an overlay may require you to have Windows 10, update your graphics card drivers, or make other system adjustments to use all of the features of Rift Core 2.0 as intended. For more information, see https://support.oculus.com/1702745539746285 and https://support.oculus.com/551671135186908, as well as https://www.oculus.com/blog/rift-core-20-updates-beta-coming-soon-plus-redesigned-desktop-app-experience/ and https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-rift-core/.
    • Dash:
      • Dash is a redesign of our VR system interface from the ground up that opens up new possibilities for VR and immersive computing.
      • An overlay system lets you use all the features of Dash without leaving your current app.
      • Bring your Windows desktop apps into VR so you can listen to your favorite music, watch a show, or create something in VR based on a pinned photograph, all without removing your headset.
    • Oculus Home:
      • Completely overhauls your personal space in VR to let you customize your environment, share it with your friends, or visit their space.
      • Collect interactive objects you and your friends can play with in VR, such as bows and arrows, targets, and stackable objects.
      • Use decorations and furniture to make your Home uniquely your own.
      • Show off your accomplishments in VR with achievement elements.
    • Oculus desktop app:
      • Redesigned user interface provides improved top-level navigation and a dark theme to make things easier on your eyes.
      • A brand new landing page includes:
        • more engaging app previews
        • clearer announcements for new features and updates
        • faster access to your recent VR apps
        • more social features, including seeing which multiplayer and social apps your friends are playing, as well as ways to connect with people you may know or have met in VR
  • Graphics: We'll now let you know the graphics card driver version you'll need for the latest update. See https://support.oculus.com/1702745539746285/ for details.
Bugs
  • Fixed graphics issues related to recent Nvidia driver updates.

Required GPU drivers:
  • AMD: 17.11.2
  • NVIDIA: 388.31
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• UBSERDUBSERD Posts: 237
    Art3mis
    @cybereality I have high hope‘s for this new update. I’m hoping this will alleviate some of my issues. I will test it when I get home but I’m glad it says that it addresses Nvidia driver issues. Thank you!! When I get home today from work I will let you know how it went.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 838
    3Jane
    edited December 6
    Whoa this is very cool!!!
    Lot of options, moving things around, bringing desktop into VR!
    I wish the audio was a little louder for the background music.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • reefy86reefy86 Posts: 229
    Nexus 6
    @cybereality I am having pretty bad issues with the sensors that i have never experienced since having the rift a year ago
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,223 Oculus Staff
    edited December 6
    Can you describe in more detail what issues you are having with the sensors? Do you get any error messages? Can you record a video of the problem? Also, feel free to submit a support ticket here: https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    3Jane
    Grabbing objects is very cool, trying to shoot some hoops lol.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • AkaiusagiAkaiusagi Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    @cybereality It's not working for me, when i do the Full Setup i'm stuck at ( Continue in Your Headset ) step, because when I put it on, doesn't turn on. I have an Nvidia GTX 980 updated at 388.43 version.
  • thoiterthoiter Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    edited December 6
    Not seeing the Dash overlay in any apps for some reason. Opening it exits the app.  I don't have any of the known issues with hardware configs as far as I know.
  • reefy86reefy86 Posts: 229
    Nexus 6
    @cybereality it's running fine now but i don't know what happened first because it was pretty bad but its stable as of now
    @Akaiusagi Can you try this Nvidia driver? 388.31. Also feel free to submit a support ticket.
    https://support.oculus.com/
    3Jane
    I tried moving a chair around but somehow kept adding chairs LOL. I need to do some deep digging in this thing.
    Don

• AkaiusagiAkaiusagi Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    @cybereality I reinstalled to do the full setup, after that I updated again to see if it works with the Nvidia driver 388.31. But it doesn't work, i get two Notifications, the first one: The guardian system isn't working properly and the last one: Oculus isn't working correctly.
    OK. Can you upload your log files here? See this thread for instructions.
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    Also, feel free to submit a support ticket. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com/
  • robbyrobby Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Win10 64bit with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Laptop) Driver v.  388.43 - Dash gives me just white or black frames when i grab applications out of the desktop frame. Also framerate drops MASSIVE when pulling out those black windows. In some windows it shows text that says it contents cannot be shown due to performance problems.

Did clean reinstall with v. 388.31 drivers, no difference.

• ThugThug Posts: 408
    Trinity
    Liking it so far, but the different environments and the store are just showing as running or loading (cant remember which) and nothing happens.
    I can see the potential though.
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k @3.30GHz,
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX1080,
    RAM: 16GB DDR5,
    Viewed on: Oculus Rift or 28" Dell monitor (x2),
    Hard Drive: 240GB OCZ SSD (games), 128GB Samsung SSD (OS), 64GB SSD (3d),
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 3,424 Valuable Player
    Thug said:
    Liking it so far, but the different environments and the store are just showing as running or loading (cant remember which) and nothing happens.
    I can see the potential though.

Close Oculus Home then reopen.
  • CHADALAK1CHADALAK1 Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    Akaiusagi said:
    @cybereality It's not working for me, when i do the Full Setup i'm stuck at ( Continue in Your Headset ) step, because when I put it on, doesn't turn on. I have an Nvidia GTX 980 updated at 388.43 version.
    I too have this same issue. HMD wont show the dashboard, but I can still develop in Unity/UE4. running a GTX 1080 nvidia driver version 388.43
  • KorohKoroh Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited December 6
    Gtx 1070 nvidia driver version 388.43 and hmd wont show the dashboard
  • DNACowboyDNACowboy Posts: 155
    Art3mis
    I LOVE this; however what I don't like is how my desktop has been forced into total black without a warning or a chance to deny the change, not cool.
    Who is John Galt?
    3Jane
    I wish the desktop would allow support for mouse and keyboard. I find the virtual keyboard along with touch controllers for clicking to be somewhat cumbersome, say for instance typing a reply on a forum.
    Don

• dstrktTVdstrktTV Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    This update has completely broken my Oculus. It's just a black screen, I've tried everything I can think of and everything on the support page
    Specs:
    Windows 10 (1709 update)
    GTX 970 (Driver: 388.43)
    i7 3770k
    16gb RAM
  • IlovethisIlovethis Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I like it! Where is the voice assistance I can’t find it?
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 3,424 Valuable Player
    dstrktTV said:
    This update has completely broken my Oculus. It's just a black screen, I've tried everything I can think of and everything on the support page
    Specs:
    Windows 10 (1709 update)
    i7 3770k
    16gb RAM

Try driver 388.31 from NVIDIA - cyber has mentioned that a couple of times.
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    edited December 6
    I updated my drivers to 388.43, I have a GTX 970 too and everything works fine for me, I had to reboot my PC though, and it took some time to have a correct display in my Rift.
  • dstrktTVdstrktTV Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    dstrktTV said:
    Specs:
    Windows 10 (1709 update)
    i7 3770k
    16gb RAM

Try driver 388.31 from NVIDIA - cyber has mentioned that a couple of times.
    Just installed it and restarted, still getting the same problem.
  • DNACowboyDNACowboy Posts: 155
    Art3mis
    edited December 6
    STEAM VR Games are broken, black screen on boot then black screen on desktop followed by CTD. Would others please try DOOM FVR etc to see if it or any SteamVR game boots.
    Who is John Galt?
    3Jane
    DNACowboy said:
    STEAM VR Games are broken, black screen on boot then black screen on desktop followed by CTD.

I have one game that requires Steam VR - IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad. The game itself is not through Steam, but it uses Steam VR. It is working fine for me.

Don

• nc1nc1 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited December 6
    I am completely stuck.

I updated my graphics driver to the latest version 388.43 and installed the beta software. Headset just showed complete blackness.

I then installed graphics driver 388.31 but this made no difference - headset just shows complete blackness.

I could still use the classic version.

However I tried doing a full set up and am now stuck. I cannot complete the set up as I cannot see anything in the headset and I cannot now select the classic version (because the desktop software won't move on from the set up phase). 

I have attached logs.

Suggestions?

Edit Update. Disabling the onboard GPU in control panel fixed the problem for me.

• BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 818
    Neo
    edited December 6
    @cybereality - I think I just posted on your profile instead of here, Cyber - it's my age...! :'(

So just to repeate here, I really like the update, I have managed to edit an entire webpage from within the Rift, using only the remote (this one) and think this is an excellent step forward.

Don't need to remove my headset in a game any more, or to start a game or ute after putting the Rift on.
  • SneakyglowormSneakygloworm Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    My headset was also black after update. I installed new nVidia drivers and then reinstalled USB3 drivers again. All good. Might be worth a try for those having problems
  • CitricCitric Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited December 6
    Can you please, PLEASE get rid of this god damn minimum requirements warning or at least make a turn off option?