New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Core 2.0 SUCKS!! (I want my square icons back!!!!!!)

gr0bdagr0bda Posts: 159
Art3mis
I DEMAND! My square icons back! I had worked so hard to have everything neat and nice and it's all fucked up now! Instead of using the rectangular icons, core 2.0 cropped the square ones into rectangles!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! And just when family supposed to come and I was gonna show it to everyone!

Comments

• kzintzikzintzi Posts: 813 Poster of the Week
    the roll back out of the beta
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • gr0bdagr0bda Posts: 159
    Art3mis
    kzintzi said:
    That's not a solution! That will work only until it's mandatory!
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Posts: 1,099
    3Jane
    edited December 7
    You were the crazy one to install a beta product right when you wanted a reliable product you were going to show everyone :P And the roll back of the beta will indeed work for this family show-off that you want to do, it’s not going to become mandatory tonight. Though I also remember seeing an option in the settings for using the old interface...
    Art3mis
    I enabled beta, because... I don't remember now... Regardless, I have calmed down now, and the solution is for the OH to use cover_landscape_image.jpg instead of cover_square_image.jpg! Why is it set to use the square images? Everything will be cool again!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 1,760 Poster of the Week
    gr0bda said:
    kzintzi said:
    You can show your family what you wanted to if you roll back.  This update makes Oculus seem exactly like Steam VR.  I didn't explore all of it yet though.
    Art3mis
    falken76 said:
    gr0bda said:
    kzintzi said:
    You can show your family what you wanted to if you roll back.  This update makes Oculus seem exactly like Steam VR.  I didn't explore all of it yet though.
    Won't do that, because seem like the problem with hands getting stuck that I've been experiencing is gone (so far at least), and as I said above it's only a temporary solution, until the new update is required.

I think I figured out a permanent solution though. Seem like all I have to do is just to make a copy of "cover_landscape_image.jpg" and rename it with the "cover_square_image.jpg" Less visual variety, but boy is it going to be so easy to make icons now! Exit icon is screwed up though and I don't know if its the same dimensions.

I did like the selection screen in the previous update that was using "small_landscape_image.jpg", that was way cooler, Pain in the butt to make them, but I liked it better. Maybe it's still there, hardly explored much.
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 813 Poster of the Week
    edited December 7
    ok, so instead of ranting and being abusive, do the right thing and constructively participate in the Beta, which is the point of the Beta - if you think you've found a bug use the right method for reporting it, don't just spew random and abusive "this BETA software doesn't work" posts on the forum.
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • Superman217Superman217 Posts: 136
    Art3mis
    It's working pretty good for me. I'm loving the environments and the ability to visit friends homes.  The only thing that I found so far is a sound issue and I sent in my feedback already.  There's going to be a few issues, that's why it's called Beta Testing.  
    Ryzen 7 1700 | MSI Tomahawk B350 | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 RGB | nVidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,222
    3Jane
    Well they said it is rough around the edges in the release and yes it is a bit temperamental but hats off to them I like where they are going. 

Plus didn't I see in the options the ability to switch to Oculus classic mode? Did not press it myself as there is no going back now for me.

I don't think 2.0 sucks.  I don't understand all the hype though.  To me, this looks exactly like what Steam had a while back.  Am I wrong?  I would like to try desktop but I don't know how to use desktop with Core 2.0  But I only want to use that so I can easily click on the Onward icon that launches from steam because my steam version doesn't run from within oculus despite it showing up in there, it loads and immediately crashes back to Oculus home when it loads to the title screen.  The resolution on these HMDs are currently too low and I can't believe people would really wear an HMD on their face for everyday office use for an extended period of time, I think that's ridiculous because these HMDs are uncomfortable for that type of work, but when the hardware catches up, at least the software will be in place.  In it's current state I couldn't even use this for word processing let alone graphic design.

Is this and the Steam VR now almost the same?  It seems it focus on building your own virtual room or space and inviting people to come over?  Kind of like a modern chat program for VR.  I see no appeal in that at all, but I'm sure many people do.
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 384
    Trinity
    I disagree, the new update is amazing, I love everything about it, I was like WOW! Christmas has come early! :)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 8,277 Power Poster
    edited December 7
    falken76 said:
    To me, this looks exactly like what Steam had a while back.  Am I wrong? 

In much the same way that a sports car looks similar to a scooter.
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Zenbane said:
    falken76 said:
    To me, this looks exactly like what Steam had a while back.  Am I wrong? 

In much the same way that a sports car looks similar to a scooter.
    They look the same to me.  They both have a virtual room you can pick stuff up in and decorate. I know you can invite people to your room here, I don't know if that is on steam also.  I didn't get to explore it much since it broke my dual monitor setup and I had to uninstall to get control back.  I guess I don't know what's different in this and steam since I don't use steams VR rooms either, I've only seen them when I quit onward and get stuck on a white screen and hit the menu button trying to see where it goes.

It looks to me like seeing two ferrari's because they look the same, but apparently one is more like a car kit on a fiero compared to the actual ferrari.  I want to go take another look now, but I'm afraid it will just break my setup again...
    Art3mis
    kzintzi said:
    ok, so instead of ranting and being abusive, do the right thing and constructively participate in the Beta, which is the point of the Beta - if you think you've found a bug use the right method for reporting it, don't just spew random and abusive "this BETA software doesn't work" posts on the forum.
    Fuck off. I like to rage. I purchased their product now they work for me!
  • iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    gr0bda said:
    I DEMAND! My square icons back! I had worked so hard to have everything neat and nice and it's all fucked up now! Instead of using the rectangular icons, core 2.0 cropped the square ones into rectangles!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! And just when family supposed to come and I was gonna show it to everyone!
    First world problems.
  • reefy86reefy86 Posts: 229
    Nexus 6
    Well they could of sold you their product and fucked off and took the money instead of giving us free stuff like robo recall/medium and now core 2.0 
    Art3mis
    reefy86 said:
    Well they could of sold you their product and fucked off and took the money instead of giving us free stuff like robo recall/medium and now core 2.0 
    I'm not going to listen to anyone that uses "could of" instead of "could've" (for could have)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,223 Oculus Staff
    "Because of your current hardware configuration, you won’t be able to pull a window out of an existing Oculus Desktop panel. Visit Oculus Support to get help."

This error usually means you don't have any free video ports on your GPU or if you are using too many monitors.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 2,600 Valuable Player

Not sure what the point of this thread is. Drama because family would be unimpressed over cropped icons.

If a thread warranted closure, this would be it.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, Asus X99-Deluxe, oh no my PC died
    Nexus 6
    gr0bda said:
    reefy86 said:
    I'm not going to listen to anyone that uses "could of" instead of "could've" (for could have)
    Oh god  :D

This about sums everything up

• Mace404Mace404 Posts: 148
    Art3mis
    Just needs a new 'cover_landscape_image_large.png' in the assests folder, if that is missing it will take the old square picture and crop top and bottom.
    Dimensions are 720x405 (so double the normal landscape) and I have started making some new icons already and will put those on the Reddit wiki.
    Art3mis

Not sure what the point of this thread is. Drama because family would be unimpressed over cropped icons.

If a thread warranted closure, this would be it.

Forget the family. Fuck'em I wanted the icon to be right! Now I have f-load of redoing! 

I want the big screen library view back that uses "small_landscape_image.jpg", that was impressive. The current one sucks! And don't give me any of that "Beta" bullshit, that's going away soon anyways!
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 2,600 Valuable Player
    I'm not giving you anything. Just saying this thread is a waste of space.
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, Asus X99-Deluxe, oh no my PC died
    Art3mis
    edited December 7

reefy86 said:
    gr0bda said:
    reefy86 said:
    Oh god  :D

This about sums everything up

Yup, that's me, whatcha gonna do about it now? "Bite me", then block me, see how much I care!
    Art3mis
    "Because of your current hardware configuration, you won’t be able to pull a window out of an existing Oculus Desktop panel. Visit Oculus Support to get help."

This error usually means you don't have any free video ports on your GPU or if you are using too many monitors.
    Thanks, that's helpful

(see, I can bee nice... occasionally)
    Art3mis
    I'm not giving you anything. Just saying this thread is a waste of space.
    THEN DON'T WASTE ANYMORE TIME! GET LOST! It's not like we are chopping down the trees here! Bits and bytes and maybe brain cells are only lost here. Sheesh!
    Nexus 6
    Art3mis
    edited December 7
    Mace404 said:
    Just needs a new 'cover_landscape_image_large.png' in the assests folder, if that is missing it will take the old square picture and crop top and bottom.
    Dimensions are 720x405 (so double the normal landscape) and I have started making some new icons already and will put those on the Reddit wiki

This fucking forums is still fucked with the quote issue! If it's clicked on the quote field, can't get out of it. It's been like that how long now? Months!

Anyways, thanks. I have figured that out. I looked at the assets folder and mentioned that somewhere above in the sea of angry posts. It requires now 2 cover landscape image jpgs/png
This discussion has been closed.