Strange Result when using "Print Screen" Key — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Strange Result when using "Print Screen" Key

RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,114
Wintermute
I just noticed today that if I use the Print Screen key while running the Oculus Desktop App, and then paste it into my Paint program, the result is very strange.
It splits the image into 2 parts. The whole screen is displayed at my monitor resolution in the upper left corner, and the Desktop background image is shown separately at 4x the resolution in the bottom right. Sounds weird, but here it is.............

Anybody else seeing this?
I don't know if it's always been like this.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS

Comments

• RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,053
    3Jane
    Yes, the screen shot is smaller than what you see in the Rift.  I think if you use the real keyboard print screen you'll do better
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,449 Volunteer Moderator
    The second large part is a virtual monitor created in the background. This is how Dash displays desktop windows in VR, any window you see in Dash will appear in that virtual monitor area.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,114
    Wintermute
    Roaster said:
    Yes, the screen shot is smaller than what you see in the Rift.  I think if you use the real keyboard print screen you'll do better

That IS the real keyboard print screen.
    The Rift has 1080 x 1200 per eye, the background pic in the screen shot above is 3840 x 2160 (way bigger than Rift).

kojack said:
    The second large part is a virtual monitor created in the background. This is how Dash displays desktop windows in VR, any window you see in Dash will appear in that virtual monitor area.

Okay, thanks @kojack
    That makes sense now. It was just completely unexpected.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS