cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain to me how oculus desktop is supposed to work?

UrsusPrime
Explorer
So I've been watching reviews and people talking about how amazing it is to grab things on the desktop and bring them into their own panel in home... but whenever I do that all I get is a black screen? My impression was from oculus desktop.. say i had chrome open, that i should be able to grab the chrome window and put it somewhere around me.  Is this correct?
10 REPLIES 10

seeingdaily
Honored Guest
point to the desktop window (browser page..etc), grab it then put it on the air. pin it from the lower right botton's pin icon. then it would be remained in the air once dash is closed.

also could be switch on/off the pin of the "grabbed window" on dash belt, the new grabbed win icon would be shown on the most right side of the dash belt.

UrsusPrime
Explorer

point to the desktop window (browser page..etc), grab it then put it on the air. pin it from the lower right botton's pin icon. then it would be remained in the air once dash is closed.

also could be switch on/off the pin of the "grabbed window" on dash belt, the new grabbed win icon would be shown on the most right side of the dash belt.

Im able to grab the window and pin it.. but it just remains a black screen with the UI outline. 

apexmaster
Explorer
is ti out yet?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Are you on Windows 10 with the latest driver for your GPU? Also, try something other than Chrome, I’ve seen several people complaining of problems with it in particular. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Roaster
Rising Star

Im able to grab the window and pin it.. but it just remains a black screen with the UI outline. 

can you see the window contents when on the desktop? goes black when you grab it?
what's your screen resolution set to?
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

UrsusPrime
Explorer

Roaster said:

can you see the window contents when on the desktop? goes black when you grab it?
what's your screen resolution set to?

yep...it looks fine in oculus desktop, the grabbed window is black with nothing in it. i have 2 monitors, the primary is 2560x1440 the secondary is 1900x1200

UrsusPrime
Explorer

nalex66 said:

Are you on Windows 10 with the latest driver for your GPU? Also, try something other than Chrome, I’ve seen several people complaining of problems with it in particular. 

yep...windows 10 and nvidia 388.59 released 12/7/17 I tried it with edge and it didnt  work either. So far the only window i've successfully been able to grab and put into home is my steam friends list. 

cosmonaut102
Honored Guest
I have this exact same problem. Chrome and edge have the same problem on my machine and i also have 16:10 1920x1200 displays. 2 monitors. Reading this Oculus? I hope so. Btw...firefox works for me. I have the new Quantum one installed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly same issue here. Very latest drivers, difference between Chrome and Ffox. 2 screens connected (4:3 monitor and Full HD TV).