cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for Oculus Home

cybernettr
Superstar
 In the library, you have two tabs: “ installed “ and “all.“ Why not add a “Purchased” tab? That would be for the games you purchased, such as on a device other than your gaming machine, but have not yet installed. These can get mixed in with the installed games and  be hard to find if you have a lot of games. Click on the purchased tab, and the newly purchased but not yet installed games are shown.

Plus, why not add an “Uninstalled” tab? That would be for games you tried and deleted, handy in case you change your mind. 

In the “Installed“ tab, items are sorted by date last played. Why not an option to sort them by date purchased as well?

Also nice would be the ability to tag all your games. This would be easier and neater than folders. Some the tags you might have are: videos (for video viewing apps like oculus video, photos (for Photo viewing apps), games (obvious), educational, horror, free, social, creative ( apps like medium and quill) etc. You could even have a tag for multiplayer. Click it, and you see only your multiplayer games. 

The tags view could show as one of the sorting options in addition to “recently played“ and “alphabetical.” In Tags view, click on any tag, and the list is instantly culled to show only the items that fit the criteria. You could click multiple tags to show apps that fit multiple criteria (this is why tags are better than folders). This could make it much easier to find things if you have a lot of experiences in your library.  
31 REPLIES 31

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer
There's a filter option that you can select which will show the apps that aren't installed.

cybernettr
Superstar
How do you access that? Because after the Flash Sale, I was referring to each of the emails Oculus had sent me to see what I needed to install, since I had bought several apps at one time. 

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer
When you're looking at the main tab of your library, up at the top near to the left side there's a section for filters... It should be there.

This is on the desktop app, not in the headset

Roaster
Rising Star
I'm finding that pinned apps don't stay there after a restart, and I have to set it again.
If I pin something, it should stay pinned forever. Since that's kinda the point. Pin. Point. Get it?
And give me free locomotion.

I had an interesting effect when I put a putter in the fireplace, with the head in the cement somewhere. It stood there flailing around for fifteen minutes trying to figure out what to do.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

cybernettr
Superstar
Yes, I’ve had that experience with flailing objects in Home. It’s actually quite amusing to see them flail around, but I can see how it could get annoying over time. Still, I’ve had a lot of laughs from objects bouncing around in cabinets and the like!
 😄 

OzzzzyMan
Explorer
Personally I would like to have a way to wishlist items in the new store in VR, I haven't found a way to do that just yet, and I believe I've checked everywhere.
Please correct me if I'm wrong!

cybernettr
Superstar
I think I’ve seen a wishlist feature in there. It’s a category, along with Store and Library. 

Northbee
Explorer
I want a "find item feature" without having to reset the whole damn place... 

I've lost my boomerang ffs!!! 😞 😄

kzintzi
Trustee

Northbee said:

I want a "find item feature" without having to reset the whole damn place... 

I've lost my boomerang ffs!!! 😞 😄

think if you lock your non-physics objects, when you come back home the other ones (guns etc) reset to where they were when you locked everything.. either that or something saves it like that coz I've left stuff all over the place and it ends up back on the table when I go out and come back in.

or I'm on drugs :tongue:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.