cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Updates stuck and won't advance.

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
I have 3 pending updates in my library:

1. Chronos - says "Installing required third-party components...".
2. Medium - says "Installing required third-party components...".
3. Oculus software update - says "Queued".

I have the "Public Test Channel" option selected in my settings, but the update won't download (as it's "Queued"). Nothing I have tried has made this download start.

If I click on "What's new" for the Medium update, it says that the update includes Dash compatibility, so it looks like it's waiting for the 'Oculus software update' to complete before it will install. The update for Chronos doesn't say much at all, but I suspect that it's waiting for the same reason.

How can I get the 'Oculus software update' to download and install? At the moment, it's blocking me from running the other two programs. I'd also like to play around with the new OH and Dash!
12 REPLIES 12

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
There is also a 'down arrow' to the right of the 'Oculus software update' entry, but it's disabled and clicking on it does nothing.

andreagi1978
Honored Guest
me too

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
Occasionally, the 'Queued' message changed to 'Downloading...' and I get a progress bar. Bat after about 5 seconds it goes back to 'Queued'. Have left the PC for hours and it's still in the same state.

Roaster
Rising Star
Try going to the library list and click on the menu icon (...) for the app then hit update.
This got thr Robo Recall update moving which had been stuck.

Update completed now, nothing hanging.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
Unfortunately, the (...) is disabled, but I have noticed something new!

I sat and watched the screen for a while, and sometimes when 'Downloading...' appears it *does* actually download something (it managed to get to 3% once), then reverts to 0% and then back to 'Queued'.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every time this happens on my system, I find that the only solution is to go through the "Repair" installation of the Oculus software. After that it works for an update or two, then it breaks again.

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
Thanks LukeRoss, I'll give that a try. Where is the repair option? I'm guessing this in when I run the main installer?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, you can access the option from the "Apps & Features" page on Windows 10

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please run the Oculus setup installer again and choose Repair at the beginning. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV