cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home 2.0 - How to unlock the cool stuff?

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
Does anyone know how to unlock the cool items in the example homes?  Like the fairy tree, the humming bird, the airship etc?
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060
27 REPLIES 27

From what I've seen, you get the stuff from spending time in VR, I believe they're randomly allotted. I've only really been using Medium lately but have receiver, I think,12 items so far, including the RC Airship.

The fairy tree looks really cool, but I don't have that yet.

They may be related to software purchases also but VR time is definitely a factor.

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
I want that tree and I also want the little digitizer thing that unlocks the dragon that flies around in some of the demo setups.  I wish we had control over lighting and lamps though. the lamps don't seem to give off very much light

kzintzi
Trustee
being able to position audio emitters and then have the play specific things would be awesome too. especially if you can define a boundary so in one corner you can hear a forest, and another a rock concert would be amazeballs.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
or your own music on the computer?

Roaster
Rising Star

Arock387 said:

or your own music on the computer?

easy, open desktop, open music player, grab and position and pin, select track, enjoy
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

kzintzi
Trustee
I think the point @Arock387 was making is that he'd like to have one corner with music from his library, but not everywhere.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought you guys might appreciate this.  😄 n0zbkxpnv1h6.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've heard that shaking the box so that it rumbles and glows the brightest gives you better items. I've certainly got a fair few good ones since I started doing that. It's all in the wrist lol 😮 😄

Inachu
Protege
I do not know any of this and I am outside with a radio and koi in some asian home