cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus home says I should update firmware of my rift. Cant find way to do so!

Zefnoly
Honored Guest
Okay I've had the rift for 3 weeks now. Bought them on the Black Friday sale with 3 sensors and been very happy about them.

There is one thing. The rift in "Devices" has a warning in red. When I click it I see the message saying "USB driver update recommended".

Well as you see here in the image... There is that message, but no button to update. Only a button saying "Forget Device" that does nothing.
ykn3kcb9sp6d.png
How am I supposed to update it? The Rift Support leads me to a page explaining a bunch of things but couldn't find a way to update there either.

On "Configure Rift" there is nothing about updates either. I'm confused. I even tried to find it in "Device Manager" in windows but no... Can't find it there either...

Can someone please tell me what to do?
2 REPLIES 2

flexy123
Superstar
"USB Driver" == Your WINDOWS USB drivers. Has nothing to do with Oculus firmware. Check your motherboard manufacturer's website for latest chipset drivers...respective get them with Windows update. (In Device manager, right click your USB devices, right click "check for update")

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, this would be your USB drivers. You can usually find the latest version on your motherboard website.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV