Finally broke my headset — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Finally broke my headset

SlashAndBurnSlashAndBurn Posts: 9
NerveGear
Well, I was putting on my CV1 headset today, it's pretty old, ordered on day one, and the left side bolt, the plastic part that connects the headset to the strap assembly is disconnected.  I can see the metal base in the headset and the other part, which I guess went inside to form the connection is missing.  So I guess I need to buy another headset, has it been too long for any support or can it be repaired?
Tagged:

Comments

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Id sau reacj out to support and just explain the situ. If your in the uk its 2 uear warrenty.
    Ifits not been mistreated alsp theu jave been known to be very jelpful with out of warrenty replacements previpisly.

Failing that id say have a go at repairing it
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • michaeldleemichaeldlee Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    There are no parts available for the cv1 to fix that
  • SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    3Jane
    You could always try to repair it yourself with a little ingenuity :)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Please reach out to us. Depending on the situation, we may be able to help. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,530 Volunteer Moderator
    elboffor said:
    Id sau reacj out to support and just explain the situ. If your in the uk its 2 uear warrenty.
    Ifits not been mistreated alsp theu jave been known to be very jelpful with out of warrenty replacements previpisly.

Failing that id say have a go at repairing it
    Jesus boffo, were you having a stroke when you typed that?!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    Yeah that is especially bad, even for me :/
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    At first, I thought it was in a different language, lol.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    I am ashamed :(
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,251 Valuable Player
    edited January 2018
    At first, I thought it was in a different language, lol.

I thought it was French at first, but when I tried the google translation French to English nothing came up..