Anyone else having trouble with Oculus Home loot boxes? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Anyone else having trouble with Oculus Home loot boxes?

eyeslikestarseyeslikestars Posts: 2
NerveGear
I know its still in beta, but how often are you supposed to get boxes? I read somewhere you were supposed to get at least one a day, but I didn't get one yesterday or today. It also doesn't seem to matter how long I am on or what I play, I still don't get anything. Anyone else have this issue or have a reason why this is happening to me?

Comments

• cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 902
    3Jane
    Are you talking about the cubes that light up and vibrate when you grab them, then offer you home items when you drop them? I was playing around in Home today and it offered me 6 or 7 loot boxes in a row. I don’t know what it was, but I must have done something it liked!
  • eyeslikestarseyeslikestars Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Are you talking about the cubes that light up and vibrate when you grab them, then offer you home items when you drop them? I was playing around in Home today and it offered me 6 or 7 loot boxes in a row. I don’t know what it was, but I must have done something it liked!
    Yes, those! I can't figure out how to get more! I got like 3 when i first opened it and nothing since then :(
  • cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 902
    3Jane
    Try customizing your home
    Playing around in home
    Visiting your friends’ shared homes
    Liking your friends’ homes
    Playing around in the Oculus Sample homes
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,690 Valuable Player
    I think just running apps (and maybe using Dash while in them?) also might get you some?   Or maybe it's all just based on something far more simple, like how many hours total you spend using your Rift in any way.

Whatever the case, the notifications about getting new boxes should definitely say why you got them.  Unless accidentally earning things and having things that some people might never figure out how to get is supposed to be part of the magic of it all?
    Merry Riftmas, everybody!