New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

DreamShapers sketch book

Comments

• DreamShaperDreamShaper Posts: 705
    3Jane
    Also cannibalizing some of my old painted sculpts for interesting stamps

3Jane
    ... hmm, intersting start, lets see where it goes

3Jane

3Jane

3Jane
    .... rope trick

3Jane

3Jane

3Jane

3Jane
    oceanic

3Jane

3Jane
    edited September 2018
    black and white stamps. Think I need to make some basic pattern stamps in black and white at some point

3Jane
    edited September 2018
    Lets just throw a ton of stamps at random and see what happens

3Jane

3Jane

3Jane
    edited September 2018
    Chaos Engine, just rioting with the stamps now.  Probably spend another week or so building up the kit, and then attempt somethng a bit more technically oriented

3Jane
    Anyhow, love the color stamps, a lot!  Eagerly awaiting color in the preview windows. 
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,673 Valuable Player
    I think that's the one area of 2.0 I still haven't dived into yet but you're certainly putting me in the mood.
    3Jane
    edited September 2018
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    I think that's the one area of 2.0 I still haven't dived into yet but you're certainly putting me in the mood.
    Glad to inspire.  I think there's definitely some texturing potential, in a sort of bitmap kind of way.  The panels at the top of the black and white image, suggest its possible to do something like they do when they take a bunch of pictures and composite them together, each as tiny squares, to create a color image.   Add in the depth potential with stamps, I think there are some interesting possibilities.   Imagine taking the ability to apply stamps to the surface and have the bottom edge conform to that surface, sort of a mix between surface constraint the way the move tool works.
    3Jane
    edited September 2018
    Haven't gone through all of last nights photos, kinda went berzerk with the camera.  Here's a placeholder, with about half of the layers active.  Pretty much ran riot with color stamps to get a better idea of what they are capable of. Amazing thing is they seem to handle memory very well, this is just a small portion of the larger image (zooming in on the source image will show better detail)

• HipshotStudioHipshotStudio Posts: 32 Oculus Start Member
    Right around this time, I realized that if it didn't need to be 3d printed, then the work didn't need to be contiguous.  Made an abstract, and discovered how to work the turntable.  Spent a while watching the shapes roll through my face

This is looking pretty cool
    Greg Bowen - Founder
    Mysterious Forces
    https://studiomystery.com
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,705 Volunteer Moderator
    I love your sketchbook, it's so different and creative. Every time I visit I am treated to something deliciously surreal. Great work. 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    3Jane
    Revisited a Mech from December 2017.  Restructured the layers some, and found some room to add some more texture to the ground  (Middle image is prior to re-texturizing using new stamps)

3Jane
    And here's an interesting bit that happened when I rotated the sculpt while pushing memory

3Jane
    Series of snapshots from the video I posted over in the "what are you working on" section

3Jane

3Jane
    edited September 2018

3Jane

3Jane

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,705 Volunteer Moderator
    Series of snapshots from the video I posted over in the "what are you working on" section

I LOVE this, it has such tribal feel to it, it also reminds me of trippy computer graphics of the 90's when they tried to explain "virtual space" ... very nice, the colours and comp are sublime.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    3Jane
    I LOVE this, it has such tribal feel to it, it also reminds me of trippy computer graphics of the 90's when they tried to explain "virtual space" ... very nice, the colours and comp are sublime.
    Maybe I need to go find Neuromancer and re-read it.  It's been a long time :)