New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

POSSIBLE BUG-FREQUENTLY NEEDING TO UNPLUG/REPLUG HDMI FOR OCULUS SCREEN TO WORK AFTER BOOT

djinfiniteedjinfinitee Posts: 11
NerveGear
Is anyone having the same issue?  Brand new built PC with brand new 1070ti. See spec below. Oculus Home and PC are running fine and show green lights next to the Rift headset and trackers, and also have audio in Rift but no video. Got an "orange"  light at top of brow and Oculus screen not working until unplugging HDMI and re-plugging it in.  Works great after, but generally a PITA.  Possible bug?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel Core i7 7700k CPU @ 4.20Ghz
Asus TUF z250 Mark 2 Mobo (Running in "optimal performance mode" overclocked at 9%)
MTI GTX 1070Ti GC
24GB DDR4 RAM
480GB SSD
Thermaltake 700W PSU

Thanks for [email protected]@kin~!
Peace to Thee...
djinfinitee

Best Answers

• djinfiniteedjinfinitee Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for the quick reply-wanted to make sure it wasn't missed in the shuffle to see if there were in fact other people having the same problem.  I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest drivers-just literally installed my new OS on the machine last weekend and downloaded a fresh copy of GeForce Experience, which is supposed to download the latest drivers for the GPU.  

Answers

• BagnetBagnet Posts: 120
    Art3mis
    Mines done this since i had the CV1. Its done it across windows reinstalls and a new motherboard and GPU. I just put up with it lol.. it's also tilted to the left since day 1. I guess i just put it down to early adoption 1st version and deal with it...
  • djinfiniteedjinfinitee Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    You may also wish to try with a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter in case it's something up with the port.

This was right on. Swapped the Rift with one of my monitors that was connected via Display Port to HDMI converter and good to go.  Thanks again!