Extreme stuttering in some games, but not always — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Extreme stuttering in some games, but not always

rh_galaxyrh_galaxy Posts: 89 Oculus Start Member
edited December 2017 in Support
When this happens it usually doesn't stop until I exit the game, or there is a scene change, sometimes it can go away if I press the "Home-button" to pause and go back after that. I have noticed 3 games that this can appear in, "ProjectM: Daydream", "Manifest 99" and seen it one time in "Final Approach Pilot Edition". First I thought it was an issue with the games, but it probably isn't.

The problem: Head movements are not smooth (like it's too low frame rate), or that it jumps to an older head position every other frame, but the animations are full frame rate. So if you hold your head still you don't notice anything. Like tracking frames from the sensors are out of sync/order or something. So it's not an occasional stutter here and there, it is constant when it happens.

Wondering if anyone else are seeing this problem, or if it's just me...
There might of course be other games that has this also.

Have latest of everything, 3 sensors, Win10 1709, Nvidia 1060, no other USB issues or other stuttering issues.

Edit: Sometimes this continues for a while (5s) in Home after a game is exited, then it goes away.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Some newer nvidia drivers do seem to cause stuttering for some people. You may wish to upgrade (or downgrade) the driver version to see if that helps at all.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV