New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

HDMI Not Detected (Please Read this)

gonzalezmunozgonzalezmunoz Posts: 13
NerveGear
edited December 2017 in Support
There's something wrong with my oculus rift, it's so strange I wish you guys could see it, i plug everything and followed every step as shown in the app. But when i plu the usb cord and HDMI for the headset the oculus app doesn't recognize it, but i know it's working because i can hear through the headphones, and see through the headset, my problem here is that the app can't recognize it, it says that i have to plug in the HDMI Cable. Is there something i'mdoing wrong? Is it because of a driver? Please help me, i got the oculus rift as a christmas gift and i cant use it still.

Comments

• SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    3Jane
    What are your PC specifications  or are you using a laptop? Also, sometimes the HDMI does not get detected while the USB port does, this is generally a USB issue and using different USB ports (3.0 preferred) can help fix it.

But without knowing your PC or if you are using a laptop, we can't know for sure.
  • gonzalezmunozgonzalezmunoz Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    What are your PC specifications  or are you using a laptop? Also, sometimes the HDMI does not get detected while the USB port does, this is generally a USB issue and using different USB ports (3.0 preferred) can help fix it.

But without knowing your PC or if you are using a laptop, we can't know for sure.
    Its an alienware 17 r2 980M