New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Still no way to ghost players or have private lobbies? Idiots continue to ruin this game

I put this game down for a long while thinking that they MUST have implemented something by now...but nope, moments after entering a lobby, I had 3 people swarm me before I even moved.  One guy started thrusting in my face, while two went down to my crotch area.

This is pretty ridiculous that idiots can still ruin the enjoyment of this game.  Muting is great, but doesn't solve the problem.  We need ghosting, or the ability to have private lobbies.

Anybody know if this problem is still being addressed (or will be addressed soon)?  I bought two Rifts so that my kids and I could play together, and this game would be amazing for that.  The first time we started up this game months ago, both myself and my daughter got harassed immediately in the lobby.  She was brought to tears and I forbade my kids from playing this game until I saw that the problem was addressed.

-Rick

Comments

• cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 866
    3Jane
    I agree. Etiquette obviously has not kept up with the technology. When I was in the lobby, I have heard kids saying they look for newbies to pester, and an older guy threatening to tell other kids about the birds and the bees. The training module teaches the basics of locomotion, but doesn’t touch on the subject of etiquette, or how to block annoying users. As it is, the game should be rated “adult only” for potential things that can be said in the lobby. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,106 Power Poster
    edited December 2017
    This thread took me back to the Diablo 1 chat room from the 90's lol

Although now that everyone is wearing an HMD... I guess the good 'ol, "Hit ALT+F4 for a game bonus" doesn't work.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,440 Valuable Player
    Welcome to online gaming :( I totally agree every game out there should have private mode for playing with friends etc, both for blocking inappropriate content from minors and blocking tiresome prats from adults. It ain't rocket science.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • PeterFStewartPeterFStewart Posts: 1
    NerveGear

We had the same problem. We have never played in the arena because of the other users that swarm in the lobby and do inappropriate things. Is there some federal agency that watches the ratings on video games?

• I_CANT_HEAR_YOUI_CANT_HEAR_YOU Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    Try to stay in a Lobby only long enough to get into a match...the Lobby is where 99% of the obnoxious behavior happens.  Just mute everyone in the Lobby and hang in there
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 180
    Art3mis
    Rupricht said:
    I put this game down for a long while thinking that they MUST have implemented something by now...but nope, moments after entering a lobby, I had 3 people swarm me before I even moved.  One guy started thrusting in my face, while two went down to my crotch area.

This is pretty ridiculous that idiots can still ruin the enjoyment of this game.  Muting is great, but doesn't solve the problem.  We need ghosting, or the ability to have private lobbies.

Anybody know if this problem is still being addressed (or will be addressed soon)?  I bought two Rifts so that my kids and I could play together, and this game would be amazing for that.  The first time we started up this game months ago, both myself and my daughter got harassed immediately in the lobby.  She was brought to tears and I forbade my kids from playing this game until I saw that the problem was addressed.

-Rick
    You could try playing SPARC as there is the ability to setup a private court where you and your kids can play in private.
    I did this last week with a mate of mine when we were getting verbal from other players!

Not quite Echo Arena, but still a fun game.
    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file