cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please someone help me. Oculus support is useless!

Apolysus
Sightseer
Hi,
After one year of use my oculus home software suddenly decided to stop working. I couldn't open it, so I backed up my files and clicked repair in set up. It than told me an error occurred. after another failure I contacted support. They told me to delete everything and do a clean install. Now i had the program back but after I replaced my back-up it failed to recognize them. By clicking the install button on either new or already purchased games it would simply not respond. I just finished another install now it gives me this curious message when I tried clicking on a game to install itself.

"sorry, something went wrong. please try again later. (OVR 18154622) if this issue continiues please visit Oculus Support to get help. Not in a state wich can be paused, current state: install_available (1971026)"

I Have talked with support but they are useless. They just ask the usual stuff like, is your anti-virus off, do a beta restart,... Maybe there is indeed a simple solutiuon. I don't kniow mluch of this stuff but so far nothing has helped.
When I respond telling them it didn't helped I get answered by a totally new person telling me to do same things previous ones have already recommended me eventhough it is a back and forth conversation.

It has been 2 months without my vr headset and I really miss it.

Thanks for reading

5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
You may have backed up or restored the games incorrectly or incompletely. Please see our article here and pay careful attention to the folder structure (there are two different folders called Software and people sometimes get confused).
https://support.oculus.com/190738628001661/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

KNP54
Heroic Explorer
I've had this error when I forgot to restore the manifest folder. If you lost the manifest folder, then you'll probably need to redownload everything. Am I correct Cyber?
Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.

YoLolo69
Trustee
As said it's probably a corrupted backed or restored process, and I don't see what support can do on that as it could be hard to narrow where something went wrong. One suggestion could be to delete one of your backup games and redownload it to see if this one work, or even clean all, reinstall the Oculus setup and download one of your game. If you can't restore your whole set of games you will have to download them again. Painful, but it's the safest way IMHO.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Apolysus
Sightseer

YoLolo69 said:

As said it's probably a corrupted backed or restored process, and I don't see what support can do on that as it could be hard to narrow where something went wrong. One suggestion could be to delete one of your backup games and redownload it to see if this one work, or even clean all, reinstall the Oculus setup and download one of your game. If you can't restore your whole set of games you will have to download them again. Painful, but it's the safest way IMHO.

But I did do a clean install. This time without putting back my old files. (it did automatically log myself in which maybe means that it still had some data?) I still can't download anything.
Am I forgetting something?

Syrellaris
Rising Star
Clean installation means you need to erase all traces of the software, both in program files and in the %appdata% folder.