cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analogue Sticks or Track Pad?

It's come up a few times in many different threads - let's give Oculus some clear feedback.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3
35 REPLIES 35

The control with analogue sticks is far superior in my opinion and is what serious gamers are used to.

Unless we have gloves with finger tracking, please stick to analogue sticks!

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Agreed, an analog stick can do everything a track pad can but a track pad can't do everything an analog stick does.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's actually spelt 'analog' from the American spelling, and they got my vote. All you need to do is look at the Vive sub-Reddit to see how unreliable trackpads are, at least on the Vive wands. I guess some of them have gone wonky after spending so much time in a dodgy warehouse lol 😄

I just checked the first post - it's definitely spelt analogue.

😉 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not in the industry it isn't. American spellings tend to get right on my tits too, but not as bad as a great deal of them saying "Could care less" instead of "Couldn't care less". There's nothing more annoying than that! 😮 😐

snowdog said:

Not in the industry it isn't. American spellings tend to get right on my tits too, but not as bad as a great deal of them saying "Could care less" instead of "Couldn't care less". There's nothing more annoying than that! 😮 😐

God damned Americans!  

Hope there's none around here...   😘

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd love to go over there one day because I've always wanted to go...just to try their Diet Coke lol. Diet coke is weird, every now and then you go to a corner shop or cafe and get a Diet Coke in a can and it's foreign. Usually from some European country or other and they all taste different. And none of them taste as good as the UK one. I guess it must be something to do with the different water in each country, perhaps?

snowdog said:

I'd love to go over there one day because I've always wanted to go...just to try their Diet Coke lol. Diet coke is weird, every now and then you go to a corner shop or cafe and get a Diet Coke in a can and it's foreign. Usually from some European country or other and they all taste different. And none of them taste as good as the UK one. I guess it must be something to do with the different water in each country, perhaps?

That'll be Coke Light and yes, it's pure filth i tell thee!

We're digressing...

MrGravey
Protege
I'm 'murican 😉 Diet Coke is poison, don't do it!
I also vote 'analog' sticks. For me, I've grown up with console gaming using analog sticks and feel very comfortable using them. I see track pads being frustrating at times possibly with the navigation of menus or something. Plus I've heard that the Vive wand's track pads have had MANY issues and I have seen MANY a YouTuber have to get replacement wands because they break easily 😛 Analogue sticks all the way.