Someone look at this — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Someone look at this

Alan3753Alan3753 Posts: 9
NerveGear
okay so i thought my rift is broken or the cords where bad
but thats not the case, i use my old tower pc and it work no problems but the screen of the pc needed to be off and then you can plug back the hdmi when the rift little sensor is white and i want to use my laptop becaues it has a better gpu but when i connect every thing it checks it green and but the little sensor is orange and no display just sound and i want to know if any one knows how to fix this.

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,149 Volunteer Moderator
    One common issue with laptops is Optimus, the battery saving technology. In the majority Optimus systems, the HDMI port doesn't actually connect to the nvidia GPU, it goes to the crappy Intel GPU instead, every frame of 3D games has to be copied from one GPU to the other for display. The rift needs to be connected directly to the main GPU.
    Since this is a hardware issue, there's no real software solution.

Of course this might not be the issue, but without knowing the model of laptop you have, it's a fairly safe guess.

• Alan3753Alan3753 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    kojack said:
    One common issue with laptops is Optimus, the battery saving technology. In the majority Optimus systems, the HDMI port doesn't actually connect to the nvidia GPU, it goes to the crappy Intel GPU instead, every frame of 3D games has to be copied from one GPU to the other for display. The rift needs to be connected directly to the main GPU.
    Since this is a hardware issue, there's no real software solution.

Of course this might not be the issue, but without knowing the model of laptop you have, it's a fairly safe guess.

i have a dell inspiron 15 7000 with gtx 1050 ti i saw a youtuber use a htc vive and work perfectly and i test my pc for vr ready and it meets the requirments i just need to know how he set it up 

i think the youtuber with the laptop was using a vive which has a link box but i dont know if that the case.

• Alan3753Alan3753 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    also at one point the vr was working and i could see the hub for only 10 sec then i was like what hapened it was working fine for 10 sec.