cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Black Screen in Home Menu

jacke97
Honored Guest
I used the rift without any issues for the first couple days after purchase. However, when I loaded my rift up today I noticed that it doesn't properly load the home menu, and pressing the home screen only brings up a black screen with the occasional appearance of an hourglass in the bottom right field. If I go outside the play area the blue grid still shows up, and I can hear the ambient menu sound through the rift headset. I can still access rift games through the library on my desktop, but I am unable to access the menu through the headset and have to take it off to change/install games. Furthermore, I am unable to use non oculus services like steamvr (can load the menu, but not games), which I was able to do previously. 

The only thing that has changed about my computer is the automatic windows 10 update when I turned it on today. I tried updating my nvidia drivers for my 1080 from 388.13 to version 388.71, but my issue still persists. 
1 REPLY 1

jacke97
Honored Guest
Despite the lack of responses, I thought I'd correct some of my previously posted information. I am not able to access all games in my oculus library. I could access Bullet Train and Robo Recall, but other games like Echo Arena and Goalie Challenge VR didn't load. Likewise with steamVR, I was able to access the menu and play Pavlov VR, but games like The Lab and Onward didn't load properly and left me in the SteamVR loading screen before eventually turning black. I can still hear the main menu sound in all of these games, and it seems like I can use my controllers too.