cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens adjustment issues in Rift Core 2.0 Beta ??

werelamb
Protege
I've been having some issues with the green cross/lens adjustment when using Core 2.0, never had any problems in standard oculus setup. My main issue is with the horizontal lines...Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this??

In the normal version of Rift, lens adjustment works fine (green cross aligns perfectly when adjustments are made).
In Core 2.0 the vertical lines are always perfectly aligned and remain so even if I change lens spacing. (In the normal version of Rift my setting is 69mm so I keep this in Core 2.0, as I presume it's the right setting for me).

In the normal version of Rift I can adjust the horizontal lines till they're clear by moving the headset angle and height, but in Core 2.0 these lines are always blurry (looks more like a single thick line with shadow lines below it).
I can still adjust clarity and focus in game by moving my headset so it doesn't currently impact performance (but obliviously it would be nice to be able to check  I'm properly adjusted before I start playing by quickly checking the green cross).

Just thought I'd report the issue with the green cross adjustment issue in Core 2.0, not sure if it's a known issue or if it's unique to my setup?

8 REPLIES 8

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I wear glasses for the green cross is a problem for me more so in Core 2 then in the older one.  Like you I make my adjustments in game.  Seems like I make adjustments in only a few games.  Not sure if it is me or the rift.  They made it very easy to make adjustments.

werelamb
Protege
Oculus update 1.22.0 has fixed this issue for me

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I noticed in 1.21 that the horizontal lines looked blurry (doesn't impact actual clarity of anything else, though). I'll have to go back and see how they look in 1.22.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

BVV_Fr
Expert Protege
Sorry i can't help you, but where is the lens adjustment setup (green cross) in the new beta home?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

bvv said:

Sorry i can't help you, but where is the lens adjustment setup (green cross) in the new beta home?

In the desktop app, Devices/Configure Rift/Lens Spacing.

BVV_Fr
Expert Protege
great, thank you, (the rift made me probably blind! 🙂 it was easy to find...)

nalex66
MVP
MVP
@bvv Sorry, I was wrong--I don't see it under Devices/Configure Rift in the new desktop app. You can get at it in the Dash settings menu: Settings/Headset/Calibrate Spacing.

BVV_Fr
Expert Protege
It's OK I found it with your first answer  🙂 🙂