cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Core 2.0 Beta Dash control panel shows up behind me

manbub
Explorer
in the Core 2.0 home, if I bring up the Dash I see the screen in front of me, but the control ring is behind me, I have to setup back 2 steps to see it.

I am also seeing this issue in other games where it doesn't know where I am standing, (ie in the climb the wall is too far from where I am)

I resetup the sensors multiple times, and it seems during configuration to know where I am

any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

manbub
Explorer
hi guys, you were right, my son moved the ring and didn't tell me, so I remember that it was in front of me.  and it remembers this even if you re install from scratch (must be a registry key)

now need to stop my son from using it 🙂

than you

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

cybereality
Grand Champion
You probably just have to re-center. In home, press the Oculus buttton (right Touch controller), wait a few seconds, and then press it again. The menu should recenter to your new orientation.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

manbub
Explorer
thanks CyberReality, I I tried to bring it up and put it away a bunch of times, and it still puts it behind me.  I filed a ticket and working with Misty from oculus support, but I was thinking if it thinks I am say a foot behind where I actually am, wouldn't that affect everything in the home/game.  like if I try to grab something it should be off as well, but that is dead on. so not sure any help would be great

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
You can move the radial menu just by pointing at the frame and use the grab button. (same as in moving items in Home)
Can also use the thumbstick to move it forward and back.

manbub
Explorer
here is a picture of what I am seeing, I am showing up when I hit the oculus button the interface comes up looking like the picture attached. 2cppikx8t79w.png

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
Step back so you can see the radial menu, grab it on the frame and drag it with you while you step forward and locate the menu wherever you want.

manbub
Explorer
I agree I can do that, but why is it appearing behind me int he first place, can someone check and see where it appears when they hit the oculus menu button on core 2.0

cybereality
Grand Champion
Do you have more than 2 sensors? If so, could you try with just 2 sensors? And if you have more, swap out each one (with 2 active at a time) and see if it has something to do with the hardware. You will have to redo the sensor setup as well, and it may be possible you are doing a step incorrectly as that would calibrate things wrong.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

manbub
Explorer
hi guys, you were right, my son moved the ring and didn't tell me, so I remember that it was in front of me.  and it remembers this even if you re install from scratch (must be a registry key)

now need to stop my son from using it 🙂

than you

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?