New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Compatibility Tool Possibly Not Detecting Two Graphics Cards

SuperSharkoSuperSharko Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hello all,
I am interested in purchasing an Oculus Rift and I tried the compatibility tool to see if my pc could take it. I own an Aorus X7 Pro-Sync, which passed in all categories except graphics card. The recommended is a GeForce 970, and it said that my GeForce 970M would not pass. This would make sense, except it phrased it as if I only had one GeForce 970M. The Aorus X7 Pro-Sync utilizes two 970Ms, and it did not seem to detect that. If someone experienced with the Rift could let me know if two 970Ms would support the headset since the compatibility tool could not, that would be great. 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    Wintermute
    It's not a matter if they will or not, it's a matter of that you're using a laptop. The HDMI of most laptops is connected to the intergrated graphics chip instead of the dedicated graphics chips. Unless the laptop is branded as VR Ready, the most likely scenario is, that it won't work.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Mobile graphics chips are (in general) not supported well, or at all, and having two doesn't help. It actually can hurt, since SLI is not supported and may cause additional compatibility programs (though may be a moot point since your laptop probably won't work anyway).
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV