New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

sound not coming through normal headphones only through oculus headphones [unresolvable]

poccy2010poccy2010 Posts: 51
Hiro Protagonist
edited July 12 in Support
im trying to play roblox which has experimental support with it but im not intending to use it for vr im trying to play on my 21.5" monitor but sound comes through oculus rift headset not my own corsair void rgb headset

edit: sorry i was being a idiot i apologise for any harm done

Comments

• poccy2010poccy2010 Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    bump
    Hiro Protagonist
    bump 2
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 681
    Neo
    Rightclickt your speaker icon in the buttom right corner. Choose playback devices. Set your headphones as default playback device. Choose ok.

No need to bump a post here every 10th. minute. :)
    Be good, die great !
    Hiro Protagonist
    still not working unhelpful post
    Neo
    In that case. Stupid me using valuable minutes of my life trying to help you out ..
    Be good, die great !
    Hiro Protagonist
    bump
  • KNP54KNP54 Posts: 212
    Art3mis
    Does oculus home load up when launching the game in non-VR mode?
    Hiro Protagonist
    yes
  • DevilsNipsDevilsNips Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    KlodsBrik said:
    Rightclickt your speaker icon in the buttom right corner. Choose playback devices. Set your headphones as default playback device. Choose ok.

No need to bump a post here every 10th. minute. :)
    Its EXACTLY what this guy^ said. i do it daily as steam VR needs to always be changed back and forth by default. Dont be such a prick saying it wasnt helpful when hes trying to give you an answer.

If you cant do it that way then it isnt oculus' fault and your pc probably has some other issue causing it.

(you can also just close oculus home when it starts up in non VR mode, my ARK does this all the time and closing it works out fine, still need to switch the sound back to headset in playback options though. ALSO take note that 90% of games need to be restarted after changing the sound settings.)
  • DevilsNipsDevilsNips Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    OH and just putting it out their, Bumping a post 3 times on the same day isnt going to make you any friends. (just edit your post and add a full stop or something and save the edit, does the same as a bump without spamming the reply section)
    Hiro Protagonist
    still not working
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,667 Oculus Staff
    You can force all audio to go through your 3rd party headphones. Look under Settings -> Devices -> Rift -> Default Audio in VR and select your Corsair headset.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Hiro Protagonist
    welp its not working still
    Hiro Protagonist
    hello its been 5 days still haven't found answer
    Hiro Protagonist
    hello
    Hiro Protagonist
    i have to completely unplug my rift and stuff but it fixed it so oh well
    Neo
    Maybe time to realise that you prolly should post some sys specs or at least try google ?
    Are you a curling child ?
     Need help, at least post something that will allow people to help you.
    Meme:
    10 PRINT "Hello World!"
    20 GOTO 10

Be good, die great !
    Hiro Protagonist
    what has system specs got to do with it, it must be software
    Hiro Protagonist
    hello
    Hiro Protagonist
    i cant set the headphones as default. my headset is a corsair void rgb wireless yellow jacket headset thanks if you could help me
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,139 Poster of the Week
    This is the first time I've seen this thread, but at this point you've been rude and demanding enough I kinda hope you never get it fixed, and don't expect anyone else will make the effort to help you.
  • FaithTheSlayerFaithTheSlayer Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Have you tried the Oculus tray tool?
    Hiro Protagonist
    sheesh I'm sorry, i didn't want to be mean
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'll try the oculus tray tool
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 1
    TwoHedWlf, I understand why but really? Why would I have spent so much money on a headset to play games
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,139 Poster of the Week
    edited April 1
    Dunno, but it's not a Rift issue if you can't set your headset to the default.

Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 29
    ok well i'll stop posting on this thread and ill go to a corsair forums/support or Roblox support thanks

edit: roblox wants me to contact oculus support directly. how do I do that?
    Neo
  • LAW1980LAW1980 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    poccy2010 said:
    still not working unhelpful post
    I spend alot of time scouring groups and forums helping people out, but this post just persuaded me not to bother.
    Hiro Protagonist
    can someone end this post like stop people from posting because its just inactive
This discussion has been closed.