cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right side headphone quits when I pull velcro strap

Anonymous
Not applicable
Owed my Rift for less than 6 months and this audio problem started last night. Does it all the time no matter in or out of any type of App, the Right side headphone quits when I pull velcro strap to tighten up headset. 😞  BUT -
If I leave the right side velcro strap loose (not tightened up and just loose) the right audio will work! what ? yes. what is going on? bad wiring from the factory??
I can keep playing with both velcro's and cause the sound(audio) to work or not work. 
 any help please
Win 7
thanks
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most likely not an HDMI/USB cable problem. IIRC, several people have reported problems with the right headphone. There's probably a friction point where the wires pass inside the strap that tends to wear the thin wires out and to tear them. I think that your best bet is opening a support ticket and seeing if your headset can be RMA'd.

View solution in original post

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

MikeyRud said:

For the life of me I do not see where to fill out a "Support Ticket".  Help plz?

Here you go 🙂

https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/

Be good, die great !

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Try unscrewing the headphone with the tool provided, then attaching it once again ... You will find the screw on the "inside" of the strap of the hmd ..
Be good, die great !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, thx but I tried that and still not working.  rats

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Damn, in that case it must be a loose connection somewhere .... Most likey the headphone itself.
But throwing it out there, any chance it could be the hdmi usb connector cable anyone ?
Be good, die great !

Anonymous
Not applicable
bummer - I am screwed perhaps
The Rift is all I use for racing now. But may have to go back to triple screens I kept. 😞 what the freak man this sucks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most likely not an HDMI/USB cable problem. IIRC, several people have reported problems with the right headphone. There's probably a friction point where the wires pass inside the strap that tends to wear the thin wires out and to tear them. I think that your best bet is opening a support ticket and seeing if your headset can be RMA'd.

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok bummer
but thank you much for you time in the advise 

Anonymous
Not applicable
For the life of me I do not see where to fill out a "Support Ticket".  Help plz?

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

MikeyRud said:

Here you go 🙂

https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/

Be good, die great !