New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift SI 1.22 Now Available on Public Test Channel

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,821 Oculus Staff
edited January 8 in General
We're back from the holidays with the latest Rift SI release that's rolling out now on the Public Test Channel. We've added some key features to make navigating and managing your Library on desktop even better. Rift Core 2.0 — Dash and Oculus Home — benefit from numerous performance and stability improvements. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes
  • Oculus desktop app:
    • Multiple Library locations
      • Install and manage your VR apps for Oculus across more than one hard drive or Windows folder
    • Library detail panel:
      • View detailed information about your use of each app, including playtime hours and achievements
  • Graphics:
    • Added 8x MSAA support
  • Rift Core 2.0 (Beta):
    • Oculus Home:
      • Graphics settings now have their own section within the Options menu
      • Implemented a number of rendering and performance improvements
      • Fixed several interaction and/or graphical issues with various objects
    • Dash:
      • Improved performance when running apps acquired from outside the Oculus Store
      • Addressed several Oculus Desktop application compatibility issues
      • Introduced fixes for a number of hardware compatibility issues
      • Assorted bug fixes and stability improvements
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• beyondinfinitybeyondinfinity Posts: 46 Oculus Start Member
    edited January 8
    Can someone who updated (or cybereality) tell me if the Guardian system now works in Classic Home?

EDIT: It works!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,821 Oculus Staff
    I'm not sure if that bug was fixed, but please give it a try and submit a bug report if you find any issues. If I remember correct, you can revert to the non-beta release (meaning leaving the test channel, just switching to classic home is not the same thing) if you want to use the old home interface for the time being.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • beyondinfinitybeyondinfinity Posts: 46 Oculus Start Member
    I'm not sure if that bug was fixed, but please give it a try and submit a bug report if you find any issues. If I remember correct, you can revert to the non-beta release (meaning leaving the test channel, just switching to classic home is not the same thing) if you want to use the old home interface for the time being.
    I've already been in communication with Oculus Support; submitted my bug report and Oculus logs, and reverted to the non-beta release. Here's to hoping it got fixed with this patch so I can enjoy Rift Core 2.0 once again!
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,122 Power Poster
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to testing the performance improvements for non-native apps, and I'm sure plenty of people will be happy about multiple library locations! (I'm using a 1 TB SSD dedicated to VR apps, so it's not an issue for me yet, but it's getting there!) The library details panel sounds good too!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • DanTheManVRDanTheManVR Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I don't see any options in the new Dash to Manage or choose a new hard drive for installing VR apps? Am I missing something? I uninstalled one, re-installed it and it went to the same location as before, no prompt asking for a new location to be set. Thanks! Would love to move a few of my popular VR apps to my SSD and leave the bulk of them on the Firecuda SSHD which has been a let down in terms of load time.
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    How do I install my games to another drive ?
    I also getting notifications that my Oculus isn't working correctly and it is working fine.
  • EQGeldoEQGeldo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    My Oculus home is showing 1.22 and I've checked settings > General but there's no options to change the default library folder. 
  • HalvusVRHalvusVR Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Same. On Oculus 1.22, no option to change library.
    edited January 8
    The library options are under Settings -> General -> Library Locations.

When you add a new location, please set it to default (right dots) so that it will be active for your next game download.
  • DanTheManVRDanTheManVR Posts: 4
    NerveGear

When you add a new location, please set it to default (right dots) so that it will be active for your next game download.
    cybereality , do we need to re-install the beta because my General Settings look nothing like that...
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,500
    Project 2501
    Ability to install games to any drive/folder?

Finally, thank you!
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,840
    Trinity

cybereality , do we need to re-install the beta because my General Settings look nothing like that...
    Same here.   General tab says Oculus App Version 1.22.0.516346 (1.22.0.516639), and the General tab does not have Library Locations listed at all.
    TitansOfSpacePlus_CoverArt_VRLandscape5_60p.png
  • GraftoncdGraftoncd Posts: 1
    NerveGear

as you'll see, not everyone is getting the "add location" button in the "general" tab and I am on the new 1.22 version...

• dan9700dan9700 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    where can i change graphics options ive look on desktop and on dash etc no where says change graphics setting
  • goldrush76goldrush76 Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
     and leave the bulk of them on the Firecuda SSHD which has been a let down in terms of load time.
    Yep. I got a Samsung 256 EVO M2 drive for my Win 10 to boot and a 1TB FireCuda in my new DIY system. All I can tell you is that in the old machine which went back to Best Buy for other issues, I had no notifications about loading delays on a regular SATA drive.

With the FireCuda I frequently see the messages about taking long time to load the game.
    WTF?!?!? Really? I plan to save for at LEAST a 512 to 1TB SSD sometime this year. Just now low importance after the huge investment in the new machine and other holiday expenses.
    I have a FireCuda drive on a few of my machines. It's nice, but it won't be as fast as an SSD, unless in specific instances (like loading Windows or opening a web browser or very frequently used apps). The cache on them is not super larger, for example, it may be 8GB of flash memory commonly. This is not even big enough to hold a single game sometimes, so it will rely on the slower spinning disk. When you say your SATA drive was faster, I assume a SATA SSD?
  • HeadlessRolandHeadlessRoland Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    See screenshot below; this revision partially fixed the missing keyboard issue for me--it now pops the window where the keyboard used to go, but the keyboard itself isn't there (it does show up on screen, but I could make that happen by manually launching the Windows keyboard before). Any idea how to get the keyboard back into the right place?

We just pushed out a patch to fix the missing library options. You should get the update automatically. Thanks.
  • HalvusVRHalvusVR Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I got the update, libraries are working and im now filling my second drive. Thanks for the quick work!
  • Xboxmember1978Xboxmember1978 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    I don't see the 8xMSAA option in Graphics settings
  • dan9700dan9700 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    how do we change setting for graphics like the notes said, im running a high rig and wanna know if its set to the best quality 
  • Xboxmember1978Xboxmember1978 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    I got the newest version, with the library option but I see no MSAA options in graphics setting in Home
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,122 Power Poster
    Dash still cuts off the Friends list at 100, preventing you from viewing the full list if you have more than 100 friends. The desktop app lets you see your full list.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • forestj31166forestj31166 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    new at this, even after doing all change for beta setting >in win10 the page don t show the little gear
  • phoenixdigitalphoenixdigital Posts: 138
    Art3mis
    edited January 8
    OK so I can see the multiple library options. Thanks devs for the fast update. 

I have added the new folder.

The big question is now how do I move existing games to this folder?

Or do I have to redownload them again by setting this folder as default then "installing" the game again?

Does Oculus Home have a way to scan that folder for games?

I had about 30+ hardlinked games which were already on my secondary drive. It would be preferable to not have to download them all again :)
    CPU: i5 6600K (not overclocked), GPU: EVGA GTX980Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 7 Port, USB Card 2: Inatek 4 Port
  • glitchvernglitchvern Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited January 8
    My playtime's are way off.  I thought maybe it was just not showing time played on my old computer, but no.  I replayed Superhot on my new computer and that is showing 0 minutes too.  Some of the newer stuff has playtimes that look right.
  • ewald.zietsmanewald.zietsman Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    @cybereality Does this 8x MSAA apply only to the home environment or to games too?
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,500
    Project 2501
    edited January 9
    Ok I finally figured out how to install games to a different drive. Got a couple drives added , then just changed the default install drive to one of the new ones I picked, and installed a game I had previously uninstalled. It installed correctly in the new location. 

One thing I noticed is I had to first create a folder on the new drive I was choosing for it to save it, so I just created an Oculus folder on the new drive. I did this for two different drives and it works fine.
    A little cumbersome - but finally we have this ability, something I have been wanting ever since getting my Rift a year ago. Just have to remember to change the default drive whenever I want to install to a different one.
    Thanks for adding this Oculus!
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • phoenixdigitalphoenixdigital Posts: 138
    Art3mis
    Yeah instead of stuffing around I just deleted everything on that second drive and have queued up for reinstall. Maybe 250GB or so :)
    CPU: i5 6600K (not overclocked), GPU: EVGA GTX980Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 7 Port, USB Card 2: Inatek 4 Port